JW men and wigs?

by GromitSK 13 Replies latest jw friends

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

Is it allowed?

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

i knew one with a serious hairpiece...somewhere between a rug and a wig, he was quite bald by 30.

never seen a 'sister' use one other than very old ladies.

oz

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

I know a brother who had one, I often wondered if he should technically take it off during prayers.

• mP
    mP

there would have been a lot more bald people in olden days considering how dirty they all were. The reason wigs were so popular with the elites in the past centuries is because they all had fles and lice and it was just easier to shave and wear a wig.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

It is definitely allowed. We had a CO with a pretty mean rug on his head. He wasn't really that old either. I could tell something wasn't right with his hair and I had a sister confirm that it was in fact a hairpiece. I would rather the person have a hairpiece than use the dreaded combover, that is for sure. Plenty of brothers use the combover.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

At an elders school once, the instructor was discussing head coverings and the need for men to remove hats when praying outside. He posed a rhetorical question as to whether it would include a hairpiece if worn?

We laughed and the question went unanswered......

So I guess they can if they wish. Personally, it would be more stressful to worry if it showed than to be boldly bald....

Aussie Oz

never seen a 'sister' use one other than very old ladies

How would you know? It might be a really good one. I know one or two in the family to use "extensions" etc.. & one rather "worldly" one went through a phase of turning up in a different fashion wig at different meetings.

• jam
    jam

A brother I knew , his hair line receded to the middle

of his head. So for years he was using some type

of die. The last time I saw him, it look like he had painted

hair. It was so funny. I told him why not go bald, he said

his head is to big. I thought to myself, hell it,s better to

go bald then to look as if you have painted hair. He thinks

no one knows, freind everyone knows.

• stillin
    stillin

it's a form of lying