Just got a visit from the Elders

by Resistance is Futile 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

I was hounded a few times after I initiated my fade. Usually, there was no phone call, only a "friendly" drop by. Now, I'm one of those people that HATE HATE HATE drop-in visitors. I do not like it when people come to my home without inquiring first as to whether I am home, busy, have company, are going out, etc. I don't do it to other people for that very reason. I know it can be a complete inconvenience to others to just pop in whenever you feel like it. I hated it when I was active and once in awhile a car group would come by and ask to use the bathroom or take their break at my house. Um. No? Do I look like a Starbucks to you?

So, imagine my ire when these men would just decide to drop in on a Saturday when I'm cleaning the house, or when I had a day off from work. And when I told them I was busy and didn't know when I'd be available (not technically a lie...Theocratic Warfare), they'd persist in trying to pin me down on a day and time. THE NERVE! This behavior just served to make it easier on me to see that it was a cult and that I was making the right decision. When they couldn't get me to sit down, they'd call me on the guise of needing my "service time" (which I hadn't had any in months by this point). I just didn't answer the phone.

I've been bothered ONCE since I moved out of state. A phone call that I didn't answer and didn't return. The best thing I ever did was walk away from that religion and get on with my REAL life. One of my siblings did end up getting reinstated after quite a few years of being disfellowshipped. But they soon faded and are living their life JW-free just as I am. Most times people get reinstated because of family. From what I've seen, the true believer is very rare. A lot of "true believers" wouldn't be disfellowshipped in the first place.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Wow Fulltimestudent,

I never heard of a kick in the arse descibed so beautifully

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit