Bush administration and the press

by Seeker 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Seeker
    Seeker

I do see liberal bias in the Times on occasion, and I see conservative bias at times, but mostly I see corporate bias most of the time, and that's primarily what I'm talking about. Now you, Pork Chop, have often spoken from a conservative perspective, so perhaps you see liberalism everywhere. I have noticed that people who espouse one side tend to complain about seeing the other side everywhere. But next time it might be better to provide specific examples of your point of view, instead of just making a hit-and-run insult as you did this time.

• Pork Chop
    Pork Chop

Seeker if you think that was an insult you must be having one of your sensitive days.

• Seeker
    Seeker

Examine your words again. It was an insult, no matter what mood anyone is in.

• Pork Chop
    Pork Chop

Now if I wanted to insult you, I'd call you a liberal.

Just so you'll know why I think the Times is biased, it's because I read it every day. Particularly the editorials. If you want some specifics, I'll dig them out for you.

I bet you like Paul Krugman.

• Seeker
    Seeker

Calling me an idiot (by implication) is worse than being called a liberal. Neither is true, so neither would hurt my feelings, but I'm glad you are now choosing to add something to the discussion instead of just insults.

I don't recall Krugman's perspective, though I suppose he's liberal. Nevertheless, I'm not interested so much in the Op Ed pieces which are supposed to be opinions. I will say I've noticed their Op Ed pieces on globalization are very pro-corporate, no matter who writes them, even the liberals. But again, I'm not talking about opinion pieces, but news reporting.

Give me some specifics of anti-corporate news pieces from the Times. By anti-corporate, I mean not the usual conservative party line that corporations, even when they make mistakes, are basically trying. And I don't mean corporations that screw up so badly the conservatives throw them overboard and then it's suddently fair game to pick on them, such as Enron currently.

This is the trend I'm talking about, and even the grey old lady herself has fallen prey to the creeping corporatism that trends toward conservatism. Not in the political sense, but in the word sense.

• Seeker
    Seeker

By the way folks, let's not lose sight of the topic of this thread. It isn't conservative versus liberal, or my discussion of, IMO, the increasing corporate conservatism of the press. No, this thread began about a discussion of a reporter who had a U.S. military officer put a gun to his head and told not to investigate any further.

This thread is about the threat to a free press, and the Bush administration hostility toward it.

• Pork Chop
    Pork Chop

Well, it's an OpEd piece you're quoting from.

I believe it was Mr. Pearl tha had a gun put to his head, not the reporter from the other liberal bastion, the Post. Note that this whole deal is a matter of allegation by a reporter that didn't get his way and as usual threw a tantrum.

• dubla
    dubla
    Nevertheless, I'm not interested so much in the Op Ed pieces which are supposed to be opinions.
    Well, it's an OpEd piece you're quoting from.

i noticed that too.

aa

• sf
    sf

Bringing my infamous "mashed taters" to the "potluck":

< http://www.conspiracyplanet.com/channel.cfm?ChannelID=39

Bush Sr. Sez Jeb's $1 Billion Shortfall No Problem
    by ASSOCIATED PROPAGANDA

(Editor's note: When you're taking Prozac in mass quantitities, there's really no reason to worry about such banalities as finance...

ISLAMORADA, Fla. (AP) - Former President George Bush briefly spoke about his sons - the president and Florida's governor - when he arrived in the Florida Keys Monday to participate in his annual fishing tournament.

Bush is fishing with more than 55 other anglers who paid $2,250 each to compete in the annual George Bush/Cheeca Lodge Bonefish Tournament that ends Wednesday. The sold out contest will raise money for a cancer center at the University of Texas and other causes.

Last year's tournament was staged when Bush's son, President Bush, was involved in the election recount. This year, it's being held during a time that is testing the president's leadership in the wake of the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks.

"Needless to say were extraordinarily proud of him," Bush said.

"In spite of the horrors of the time, the agony and wonders about these different afflictions in our country, I'm glad we're here," he added.

Other Top Stories

Bush Sr. Sez Jeb's $1 Billion Shortfall No Problem by ASSOCIATED PROPAGANDA
    Bush's War: The WTC Oil Gambit by STAN GOFF
    Bush Family Terrorism-Business Ties by JUDICIAL WATCH
    The Bush-Bin Laden Connection by HOUSTON CHRONICLE

Prescott Bush and the Nazis by MICHAEL KRANISH
    Observer Sued Over Article on Bush/Barrick Gold by GREGORY PALLAST

sKally, burp

If man was supposedly created in gods image, then.....holy krap...we're all doomed.-sKallyWagger

• sf
    sf

Yes, these are old and crusty crumbs, yet still tasty.

If man was supposedly created in gods image, then.....holy krap...we're all doomed.-sKallyWagger

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit