Images we grew up seeing.

by d 24 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Without that type of imagery, their kids wouldn't give a toss if their toy made Jehovah sad.

http://i50.tinypic.com/6sth6o.jpg

• wasblind
    wasblind

You got that right Blacksheep

But because of images depicted in the WTS literature

they think they'll be destroyed for playing

wit a plastic toy, not approved by the WTS

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

Hey ya gotta scare the living daylights out of them young if you expect to have a snowballs chance in hell of retaining them.

Loving submission = Scare 'em young and keep 'em living in fear/dread.

• Nambo
    Nambo

There is a scripture somewhere thats says, "hide yourself in your interior rooms until the denunciation is past".

I vaguely recall the Watchtowers reasoning on such being that God wouldnt want his innocent and childlike followers to associate such destruction with a loving God, a God who would rather not have to do such an unpleasant task in the first place, maybe like a professional executioner wouldnt want his kids to come and watch him do his job at work.

Seems therefore that the society is contridicting itself by showing these images.

Personally, I belive that most of the destruction and tribulations will be as a result of mans doing, not Gods, and that any killing God will have to do, wont be because they didnt become JWs or somesuch, it will be because they will be trying to kill Gods own people, whoever they might be, so he will have no choice but to destroy in order to protect his own.

• nugget
    nugget

no wonmder my son was scared by them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit