I'm dating a minister

by laverite 15 Replies latest jw friends

• laverite
    laverite

I've been single for several years now. As a single dad, my focus has been on raising my children, work and keeping the house functional. There hasn't been time for dating. My youngest child is still in pull-ups, and there really isn't a lot of free time now still. BUT, I recently met someone through church. Actually the pastor of my church introduced me to a minister at another nearby church. Long story short, we hit it off right away. He asked me out, sparks flew, and we've been dating now for a few weeks. He's a very kind and gentle person. We have a lot in common and enjoy each other's company. And we have a strong mutual attraction.

We both enjoy talking about religion and he has had a lot of questions about the JWs. It's just been a few weeks so who knows where it will all go. But I've certainly been enjoying everything so far. Wish me luck!

• renderme
    renderme

Hope it works out for you two!

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

Remember guys can be jerks ;)

Good luck.

• wasblind
    wasblind

How he interacts with your children will be the key

that may or may not open your heart

I wish you much more than luck, but all the joy

and happiness you deserve

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

How sweet...hope it goes well for you!

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
  • NewChapter
    NewChapter

Sounds like a nice start. I hope it continues to go well.

• laverite
    laverite

Thanks guys for your kind replies. It's going well so far. I haven't dated before so the kids have never been introduced to anyone. This has been very much on purpose. I'm keenly aware of the kind of quality person who I would want to be with as my children always come first. I do have friends, of course, and my children come along to lunches with friends, etc. A couple of times now, we've all hung out together, and he's been introduced as a friend. He is really great with the kids and they really like him. But slow is best. And we're on the same page as far as all of that is concerned it seems.

• laverite
    laverite

Oh and I just wanted to say one more thing. Well wishes from the people who have offered them here are so very much appreciated. I don't always post much here, but I do try to come on here daily to read posts. So I know each of you through my readings here and of course I have interacted with a couple of you on threads, etc. That you offer your kind words here means a lot.

• wasblind

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit