Ex-Fleetwood Mac member Bob Welch dead

by finallysomepride 13 Replies latest jw friends

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

Sorry if this has already been posted

http://au.launch.yahoo.com/news/article/-/13900789/ex-fleetwood-mac-member-bob-welch-dead/

another rocker gone & sadly missed

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Bummer, I liked his solo stuff

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

One of my favorite all time songs:

"Sentimental gentle winds, blowing through my life again, sentimental lady, gentle one..."

• Shawn10538
  • botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety
    Ex-Fleetwood Mac member Bob Welch dead

Fuck.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

First Donna Summer. Then Robin Gibb. Now this? We are losing prime musicians.

And, unlike when this happened in the early and mid 20th century, they are not being replaced. The whole music system is designed to cater to the tastes of a very few--like what is happening to every facet of the media. Anything that doesn't fit into their ultra-narrow minds is not allowed to break through. This prevents the dying musicians from being replaced with equally good ones. The music system, RIAA, and "Clear(??)"Channel are colluding to prevent good music from being released--and are trying to shut down alternative channels so people can have alternatives.

Bad enough we are losing those who create good music (shame on you, Rockefellers, for holding back medicine that would prevent or cure diseases). But, even worse, the record labels, radio stations, and RIAA are stifling new music. Anyone else notice how the "music(??)" being released in the past few years all sounds so lame compared to what was being released in the 1950s through the mid 1990s?

• Dagney
    Dagney

Aww!!! Dammit!!! Love that song Shawn.

RIP Bob.

• Dagney
    Dagney

RIP Bob.

• Dagney
    Dagney

RIP Bob.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

What a great artist he was! I am a big Fleetwood Mac fan, and one of their greatest albums (Besides all of them) is a really early one from 1971 called Bare Trees. There are some really great songs on there, including the very first rendition of Sentimental Lady. Good stuff...

Suicide is horrible. He left behind many friends and loved ones.

RIP.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit