Has anybody given any thought for Calebs freind ?

by smiddy 20 Replies latest jw friends

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Yes, I responded as such on a previous thread. In addition, I also think JWs are taught that the feelings of 'Worldly' peeps are irrelevent/don't matter.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Who says that Caleb's friend is 'worldly'? Perhaps he is a fellow JW that Caleb associates with at school.

Perhaps his parents are not so nutso with the toss anything that is a 'wizard' in the trash bin.

Like others, I thought about little Caleb's friend. Even if it was a McDonald's Kid's Meal toy that only cost about $1.50, it is still rude to just toss it like it is a worthless piece of garbage.

Poor little Caleb has to go to school the next day and explain to his friend (JW or not), that he no longer has his Sparlock toy. It got tossed. When asked why, I also feel for Caleb having to explain his nutso beliefs about a 'magic' god in the sky that was 'sad' because Caleb was playing with the toy.

Caleb's mom's next step is to isolate Caleb from all of his 'wordly' friends at school. She will either insist that Caleb not have any wordly friends (bad association), or she may take him out of school - and home school little Caleb, thinking that she is an expert teacher, and use her WTBTS books to instruct poor Caleb who will get a poor education. When he gets old enough, he will accompany his father to work, as an assistant in the window washing trade. If he's lucky, he will have learned to spell his name and write it in script before he gets pulled from the public school system, so he can sign his paychecks when he gets older.

I hated going to school and being the oddball that didn't celebrate anything. No Christmas. No Thanksgiving. No Easter. No Valentine's Day. No Halloween. Most of the teacher's classwork was coloring a picture for the seasons and holidays. I could never color anything the other kiddos were coloring. The teacher had to dig through her box of papers and come up with something 'neutral' that I could color.

aaarrrggghhh!!!!! <goes running from room>

• JeffT
    JeffT

I thought of this after watching the video:

Next day Caleb's friend's mom calls Caleb's mom and says something like,

"my son gave you son a toy yesterday. I don't think he meant it as a loan, not a gift. Now he's upset and wants his toy back. Can you have Caleb bring it to school so my son can get it back?"

Caleb's Mom: "I made him throw it away."

Friend's Mom: "What! Why!"

Caleb's Mom: "Its demonized."

Friends Mom: "?!"

Later that day the moms of half the kids in school are talking about poor Caleb and his insane mother.

What a fine witness.

• wasblind
    wasblind

jeffT, I love your script

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

please, the WTS knows exactly the message they are sending.

think of it, if your child came home and said that a freind at school whom you just gave a $60 toy had thrown it in the garbage what would you tell your child?

You would tell him that he is not your freind and to leave them alone. That is exactly what the WTS wants! complete isolation of it's future R&F

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

My first thought was "did his friend really give him the toy or just lend it to him?" because children usually say a kid gave them something when they just lent them something.

Caleb's Mom should have asked that first; what's gonna happen if the toy was borrowed? Will the other child's parents now call demanding she buy their kid a new toy thus forcing Caleb's Mom to actually go to the store, use her own money and purchase a magical wizard doll?

What's going to happen when he goes back to school the next day and he's asked where the toy is, or if he likes it? Is Caleb going to tell his friend that it was demonized, but it's now ok because we threw it in the neighbor’s trash?

And what lesson does this teach Caleb, that nothing a worldly person gives you has any value or that your worldly friends feelings don't matter?

This video is extremely demeaning to the poor little boy who was just trying to be nice, and be Caleb's friend.

• apostatethunder
    apostatethunder

Caleb’s friend is disposable, as much as Sparlock.

• Bells
    Bells

This is so true.

This happened to me once and I was pi**ed!!!! I gave a guy (who wasn't a Witness at the time) a Tool cd - he loved it. Until he got back into the cult that is and then in a show of fait to Jehovah - he smashed said Tool cd. Worst thing is - he told me about it like I would be stoked for him! I was so mad - I wish I'd said something to him, but was too worried about not respecting his beliefs!! WTF!?

• baltar447
    baltar447

$60? try $6.95 maybe. Unless he's like Buzz Lightyear and says stuff, but it seems he was just an action figure.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Caleb's mom doesn't seem to have any friends, so it would only make sense that she want's to make certain that Caleb has no friends.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit