Watchtower Cult Given $81,000 by City of Salem

by rrb2016 21 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• rrb2016
    rrb2016

Can you imagine how much money they must make off of all the assemblies? I counted at least 211 between this week and end of the year. If they get paid by each city...

WATCHTOWER CULT Receives $81,000 From Salem City Government.
    THANKS to City of Salem government officials, starting this weekend, the WatchTower Cult of Jehovah's Witnesses will hold three weekend conventions in 2012 at the Oregon State Fair & Expo Center.
    The WatchTower Cult of Jehovah's Witnesses will receive $40,500.00 TAX DOLLARS from the City of Salem to hold conventions in Salem in 2012, 2013, and 2014.
    Public records indicate that the City of Salem also paid the WatchTower Cult of Jehovah's Witnesses to hold three conventions in Salem during 2009, 2010, and 2011.
    Available records fail to disclose how much money was given to the WatchTower Cult during 2009-11, but it is safe to assume that the City of Salem gave the same $40,500.00 promised for years 2012-14.

BUT-FOR the financial assistance from City of Salem Government Officials , the City of Salem would not be inundated with Cult members every summer.

ALL CHURCHES in Salem, Oregon should demand that City Government provide city funds for their special summertime picnics, fellowship meetings, and other church gatherings.

WHY should ONLY out-of-towners benefit from the generosity of local government officials.

• InterestedOne
    InterestedOne

Sorry for asking a silly question, but why would a city pay the Watchtower to hold a convention?

• irondork
    irondork

Seems Salem is not the only town where the WTS is raking it in. I did a google search on the subject and found:

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/fort-smith-ar/TV3MS9DCOV1FSO7EN

I wonder if, at the end of these conventions, special acknowledgement and thanks were given to these towns for thier substantial financial contributions to the world wide work.

• the-illuminator81
    the-illuminator81

Because of the business of course, hotel rooms booked, restaurants full, good business. For them it's just another convention, doesn't matter if it's religious idiots or businessmen.

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

They get it back in Taxes spent shopping, eating out, Hotels etc.

Probably this is the REAL reason that the Jws are supposed to wear the Lapel Card so that the busines owners managers will remember the impact and that it was the JWs that did it.

* OMGB !! that has got to be a valid reason for them to wear it!!

* (Oh My Governing body)

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

and then they tell all the dubies to 'donate' so that the convention does not go into deficit $$$

disgusted

oz

• Scott77
    Scott77

marked for later

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

I also wonder if local witnesses are aware that the convention hall is likely paid for and there should be no expense.

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

I wouldn't be surprised if every convention is held in an area where the WTBT$ can rake in money six ways to Sunday.

There was a scandal here in Washington years ago with the Tacoma Dome. The greedy buggers use to council everyone not to park off site, charge $3 a pop and then stack park/box you in because there wasn't enough room. When they stopped, R&F though it was a loving provision, however the real truth was they got caught (media exposed) charging people for parking when the lots were included; this was in direct violation of the venue agreement that stated the parking was included and that the renter was not to charge. So they raked in the dough for years and still had the nerve to ask for donations to help pay for convention costs!

AND just to ad insult to injury.

When the financial report was read at the last circuit assembly I though, hmm, they own the building and land, all labor for maintenance is free and some materials too, so how much could it really cost? Now I figured since it was a circuit assembly, it was two days meaning we were most likely the only ones to use the building that week; only minimal heat and electricity would be used Mon-Fri and then the building would be in full use Sat & Sun. When I heard the estimated (and I say estimated because how do they know how much it costs until we get the bill?) cost to be somewhere around $15,000 I just about lost it, I thought $15,000 Really?!?!?! I don't think it costs $15,000 to run this place for a week, no way that's gotta be waaaay off! I then whipped out my phone and calculated that if they took in that much every week, or at each assembly so half of the time twice a week, they would be raking in anywhere from a minimum of $780,000 to $1,170,000 annually, HOLY SHIT! They're making bank and this is only one assembly hall, think about how may of these there are, HOLY SHIT! What money hungry greedy bastards.

Needless to say I left rather agitated; I mean having to listen to their horrid bullshit and then hear that, it was just too much.

If R&F would only do some basic math they could see that the $ociety is pulling in the big bucks at these coffer filling wallet revivals; but I guess that’s too much to ask from these brain dead morons.

• cofty
    cofty

Probably this is the REAL reason that the Jws are supposed to wear the Lapel Card so that the busines owners managers will remember the impact and that it was the JWs that did it.

That's an interesting thought. It makes sense.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit