Soon enough, now...

by AGuest 24 Replies latest jw friends

• AGuest
    AGuest

Dear hubby, puppies, and I will be feasting on braised, slow-cooked lamb shank (in red wine-sauced brown gravy with garlik and unjins!)... braised cabbage (yes, of course, with bacon, you betcha!) and perhaps some candied carrots on the side (maybe; 'pends on how I'm feelin.)

Man-o-man... ah iz hungreeeeeee!

My [sincere] apologies to all vegans/non-red meat eaters... as well as those whose hearts go out to little lambs (really, I apologize and am working on reducing the meat consumption, but it's going kinda slowly: two steps forward/three steps back, that sort of thing...)

Peace (and piece)!

SA, on her own... trying not to drool on the keyboard...

• wasblind
    wasblind

Just had Unjins on my burger

luv me some unjins

• tec
    tec

Mmm.. (well, except for the cabbage... I don't like cabbage... or, um, carrots, lol... but the meat, gravy, garlic and onions... mmmm)

How was the Huntsman, btw? I meant to ask you about that.

Peace,

tammy

• snowbird
    snowbird

Tee hee hee.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Sounds nice but I'm not a fan of lamb so I'd have to pass. But I'm always tickled when folks share their good eats.

• still thinking
    still thinking

lamb shanks are one of my favourites....yummmmm...are brussels out of season there?

set me a place please....mmmmmmmmm

• AGuest
    AGuest

Had to put me some of those onions on a (leftover) burger when I first sauted them, Miz Wuz (peace, chile!). Ended up pickin' 'em off to eat... and throwing out the burger (not before I took one/two bites, though, of course!).

Cabbage is wonderful, dear tec (peace to you, too, luv!)... 'specially with meat candy (bacon) on it. Come the day you and I meet face to face and I'll make you some. You'll never say you don't like cabbage again - LOL! Oh, and all of the recent "Snow White" versions have been pretty cool ("Once Upon a Time", "Mirror, Mirror", the "Huntsman,"... and I think there's one more but I forget - I'll ask hubby and get back to you...)

I "see" you, Miz Sylvie (peace to you, my dear!)

Yeah, lamb is an acquired taste for some folks, Miz Josie (peace to you, too, girl!). I've learned to cook it so's it's not so... well, lamb-y - LOLOL!

Piece... and bon appetit, ladies!

SA, on her own...

• AGuest
    AGuest

Still, girl... peace to you and come on over, chile, 'cause I make brussels (which are not only still in season but looking quite LOVELY this year! All plump and green, 'n all! Might gonna cook up summa them next!)... as well as I make cabbage! Your photo looks mighty "tasty", too - although the "orange" suggests tomatoes of some sort and I had a bad experience with lamb shanks stewed with tomatoes and so don't go there no 'mo. I just braise em in EEVO, toss in some sauted onions, garlic, red wine, brown gravy, and a little S&P... put the whole dang thing in the oven on 300... and let 'er go for 'bout 3 hours. Oh, my...

'Bout to dish up hubby's plate!

Piece!

SA, on her own...

• still thinking
  • tec
    tec

I do like brussel sprouts. And cauliflower, asparagus, brocolli, green beans, snow peas, corn on the cob, bok choy... I just don't like the 'regular' vegetables: carrots, turnip, sweet potatoes, peas.

Enjoy your dinner :)

Peace,

tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit