Has the Creator’s promise changed again?

by Cameron_Don 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Cameron_Don
    Cameron_Don

Up until 1995 the AWAKE! Said, “This magazine builds confidence in the Creator's promise of a peaceful and secure new world before the generation that saw the events of 1914 passes away.”

But beginning in November of that year it removed “before the generation that saw the events of 1914 passes away” and replaced it with that is about to replace the present wicked, lawless system of things.”

But today while looking at some stuff on the Society’s website I noticed that it now has removed “the Creator’s promise that is about to replace the present wicked, lawless system of things” and replaced it with simply “the Creator’s promise of a peaceful and secure new world.”

Is that what the AWAKE! magazine now says on its masthead page 4?

If so, I wonder if there is even 1 out of 7,000,000 Witnesses who have noticed that “the Creator’s promise” has changed once again.

Don Cameron

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Good Catch!

• designs
    designs

As one pioneer said out in Service in response to a woman who said she didn't have time to read the mags 'Me neither'

• sir82
    sir82

That Creator, always shifting things around. They ought to get something in writing from him.

Oh wait....

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

The Awake still prints the "about to replace" blurb on page 4.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Just pulled the latest Awake off the website, evidently the creator hasn't changed his mind in the Awake just yet.

Maybe when the new and improved 16-pagers come out next year they will go with the new wording.

In reality, they should. How stupid does "replace the present wicked, lawless system of things" sound to outsiders?

• Cameron_Don
  • cofty
    cofty

Good catch. It was that change in Awake's masthead that convinced me they were dishonest.

• designs
    designs

You just never know which meteor is going to be the one.

• Cameron_Don
    Cameron_Don

It will be interesting to see if that statement in the AWAKE will eventually match up with their website.

Don

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit