Did You Feel Truly Loved By The Witnesses?

by minimus 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Joliette
    Joliette

Well you want to believe you were loved, but the more as time goes by, and you get reminded everyday that you were used for distribution purposes,

it becomes pretty evident that there was no love there, only brainwashing and love-bombing.. You might have a few people in that organization that really liked you for you, but thats far few and

inbetween. When youre gone for about a good year, you really see people for who they really are.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

I did. I was thoroughly and skilfully love-bombed.

Fortunately for me, I never truly, in my heart of hearts, believed it all unconditionally. The "yes, but, feeling" was always there somewhere. Still, they got into my head and made a right mess of it.

Once I started to think for myself, the claws came out in those conducting my study. So-called friends turned into bitches incarnate.

Elders finshed the job. The love-bombing was seen for what it was, and the reasoned arguments for just so much baloney.

And fortunately I returned to this place for a good cool clear glass of sanity.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

After leaving I discovered that I missed the people that were considered weak more than I missed the people that I actually called my friends.

AFter the last meeting we attended, we discussed the fact that it was only the (other) weak JWs that now even spoke to us, esp since my resigning as an elder and she as a pioneer. All of a sudden we were too un-spiritual for the other Elders and Uber-JDubs to be around. We might rub off. Still the lowly and humble and typically forgotten ones still seem anxious to speak to us. I think this is because we always gave them the respect and time-of-day that no one else bothered to give them, nor does still.

Doc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit