What do you hope to accomplish with your life?

by slimboyfat 17 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Let's see:

I wanted to leave my parents' house and support myself----did that

I wanted to complete design school----did that

I wanted a career----did that

I wanted to marry and have my first child before 30----did that

I wanted a husband who loved me for me----got that (it will be 20 years come December)

I wanted to be a good wife and mother----I am exactly that (hubby tells me and the world that all the time)

I wanted a few kiddies-----got that

I wanted a house----got that and lost that but I have faith I will get another, it's only a matter of time

The next want would be to get my hubby's dream off the ground. I would say what but I'm gonna keep that on the downlow for now.

Oh I forgot, a huge want for me would be to visit England.

• designs
    designs

Be remembered by my children's children's children 400 years in the future, and hope the Sequoia grove I planted years ago will be there for them.

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

Oh LOL, I’ve spent the last 2 ½ years searching for meaning really, and its good to keep wondering, but really what can you accomplish? Even Winston Churchill is now remembered more for being a narcissist than for saving England. Nothing you do lasts beyond the day, I guess, so I think it is best just to live in the moment. Having something interesting to do today, and something good to look forward to tomorrow seems to be all we need to be happy.

But lol, I’m just a crazy mofo- what would I know?

• still thinking
    still thinking

I want to raise children that are healthy and happy

I want to live the rest of my life with my partner whom I love

I want to leave the world in a better state than it is now.

I want to move to the country and become more self sufficient.

I hope my friends realise how important they are to me

I hope my children know how much I love them and how important they are to me

I hope my partner knows how much I love him and how important he is to me

I want to tell everyone here on JWN how important they have been in my search for what I want....Thank you all. xoxox

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Bttt

• soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

when I am in the park I see lots of benches dedicated to those who have passed away. Some have lived a long life and some have lived a very short life. A few messages say how much so and so enjoyed this spot or this park. From this I have sort of developed the habit of imaging my life from the point of view of those who have passed this way and those who will in the future enjoying the things I enjoy and facing the challenges I face.

I do hope hope to continue to accomplish, fight and develop what I have - my gifts that is using these to change what I can - but I recognise that in common with those who have gone before and those who wil come after me, that there are things I cannot change and towards these I want to maintain as much grace as I can because putting up resistance saps energy and is futile.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

Enjoy myself to its fullest and teach my children to do so.

• clearpoison

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit