Showed the new JW cartoon to my non-witness Girlfriend- Take 2

by KidKool 27 Replies latest jw friends

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

You can download the original video from the link Atlantis provides on this page, DilemmaGF.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/bible/226417/1/2012-New-Release-files

It's only 30 Mb, and you get to keep it! ...LOL!

• KidKool
    KidKool

@dmouse

It's funny how so many people think its a spoof when they see the video. I basically showed it to my girlfriend to see what she thought, because I know that even after years away from the JWs my views on things can be a little different from people not affected by them. I was totally not expecting the reaction I got. Sounds like you got some similar reactions, I hope the JWs start distributing the videos to the public, they may get a different reaction than they would think also.

@noolite

Thanks for sharing the reaction that your wife had to the cartoon. Its interesting how different people view it. Probably is related to upbringing and cultural views unrelated to being a JW or not also. I should have mentioned that, although I have been with my girlfriend for years, we live in a different state from my JW parents. So she has never met them in person. She might have had a different reaction if they had a chance to lovebomb her and try to indoctrinate her prior to this.

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

DT - I did tape the talk final talk using a recording app in my Droid. Unfortunately the acoustics in the arena were pretty bad and there was both a hollow sound and an echo. I may try to run it through Audacity to see if I can clean it up a bit and then post it on one of my websites.

In the meantime, you can pop over to Ex-JW.com and read my brief article about how the speaker emphasized that the DVD was not meant to entertain children, but to "inculcate" the [JW] truth into youthful JWs.

BTW, a brief comment was made that the child in the video was supposed to be 3 or 4 years old. But the kid says that he got the toy from "a friend at school." It's pretty clear that the writers of this video have no idea about childrens intellect, experiences or development at certain ages.

BTW - did anyone figure out what the "snack" might have been that his mother fixed him for lunch?

JV

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

A slight diversion here... (it has probably been mentioned in another post, but there are so many...)

In the cartoons, Caleb's mom is wearing slacks. Nothing wrong with that, but... are they now drawing women wearing slacks in their publications?

I realize that they are portraying her in her home environment, but even in the publications (from long ago), they always showed the mothers or other young women always wearing dresses, or skirts.

Have they deemed it okay for women to wear slacks?

This may be 'new light'. Or it may be that I'm just crazy.

The other odd thing that struck me was that Caleb is a very small boy. He is coming home from 'school' all by himself. Do parents now allow their kiddos to come home from school all by themselves? The mother is not working, other than in the home, so she could (and should) meet little Caleb at the bus stop, or even pick him up at school. No backpack? No books? Just a plastic toy that was given to him at school? Plus, if you look around, there's not another soul in sight. No dogs, cats or even cars. Shades of Twilight Zone. (Oh, wait. There is an airplane high above.)

I know it was just a cartoon, and not meant to be scrutinized for accuracy, but... geez...

It's reminiscent of the Thursday night meetings and the parts that the women had to put together and present in ... 5? ... 6? minutes. Impromptu stuff. Ad lib. Very few props.

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

It struck me odd as well that he was coming home from school alone. Also, I think its only recently that they've start to show women wearing pants in non-theocratic settings. In another 30 years, maybe they will show them wearing nail polish.

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

Thats a great girl!

• snakeface
    snakeface

Jim_TX, I noticed that right away too. As young as he is, he is coming home from school all alone. Even if the school bus stopped right in front of his house, usually the mothers come outside or are waiting outside.

• apostatethunder
    apostatethunder

I think they have a lot of moles in the organization. The Sparlock video is just an anecdote among many others, I heard worse things from the platform sometimes…

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit