Showed the new JW cartoon to my non-witness Girlfriend- Take 2

by KidKool 27 Replies latest jw friends

• KidKool
    KidKool

Allright my first post messed up and I lost it some kind of way. Haven't posted on here in along time, obviously don't know how to anymore.

Trying again.

So I was raised a JW, DA for over a decade, of course estranged from parents and JW family, have a teenage son from a previous relationship.

Anyways, I wanted to see what someone who had no first hand knowledge of the JWs would think. So I showed my non-JW girlfriend the Obey Jehovah (Go Sparlock!) video.

She watched it,, then I asked what she thought about it. She said she did not think the JWs made this video. I asked her to elaborate, and she said that it was obviously made by someone trying to make the JWs look bad, because getting all worked up over a plastic toy is ridiculous, and the video must have been made to make the religion look ridiculous.

I tried for like 5 minutes to convince her that the video was real. And she continued to refuse to believe that I knew what I was talking about. For proof I showed her the member of the Governing Body's introduction to the cartoon series. She watched that and when it went off - She just stared at the screen for a moment after it was over and then said in a deadpan voice:

"Our children will never be left alone with your parents."

I had to try so hard not to burst out laughing, because I knew she was very very serious.

Just thought I would share!

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Even a non JW can't believe this was actually made

• KidKool
    KidKool

@ wha hapened?

Yeah, the look of pure horror on her face as she slowly began to realize it was for real was priceless.

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

My BF has been telling me he wants to see the video himself (I'm the first person who was associated with JW's that he knows and he's always curious about how things are run and asking questions).

I agree with your GF... No children should be left alone with JW grandparents unless there is a strict "no preaching" policy. Meaning that if my child tells me ONCE that my parents were talking about Jehovah or Armageddon or any such tripe, they will no longer be allowed to be alone with my child or have unsupervised conversations.

Even non-JW's can see how ludicrous the WT's policies on things like this are. To think it's a parody and deny it's real...it shows how ridiculous the WT is making themselves look to the "world".

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Your GF is smart! My poor mom does not have the cognitive skill to realize how she is driving her grandkids away from her. She is constantly making remarks about their family traditions, religion or the world in general that freak out my brother and sister and then they tell her not to speak to the kids, they won't let them be alone with her on meeting nights(to make sure she isn't tempted to take them). Well, she is alcoholic, so they don't allow her to drive them anywhere anyway, but the entire thing is a mess. She just doesn't know how to leave her twisted moral judgements out of ANY conversation with the kids. The kids all go to nice, normal churches, so my mom, naturally, confuses them!

• dmouse
    dmouse

Likewise, showed this to my non-JW girlfriend and the result was similer, she thought it was a spoof (I must admit, so did I for quite a while!)

I would just like to say a big THANK YOU to the WBTS for producing a short clip which encapsulates 'cult' in such a way that anyone can quickly see them for what they are. It used to be quite difficult to explain to non-JWs just how dangerous they are in a simple to understand way. No more!

I also showed this to my daughter and partner (both non-JWs) and they both said afterwards, that my ex (still a JW) should never be allowed to take their son to the meetings.

Go Sparlock!

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

My wife had a hard time believing me too, it is just so rediculous that she thought it must be an anti JW dvd. She found the pronunciation of Satan very strange and the mother psychotic.

oz

• cofty
    cofty

"Our children will never be left alone with your parents."

Classic!

• fortis et liber
    fortis et liber

Wait, the Sparlock video is not a spoof?!?! I seriously thought it was an anti-JW thing, is it really a J-dub production? I am dumbfounded.

~ Fortis

• blond-moment
    blond-moment

I just LOOOOVE to hear that people thinks it's a spoof, and the reactions to "this is REAL?" I get the biggest kick out of it!

I would just love love love to be a fly on the wall for the JWs who think it's an apostate prank, when they get it at their DC. *stares off dreamily*

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit