so much for the new jw.org web site being up and running in June

by therevealer 22 Replies latest jw friends

• therevealer
    therevealer

We are working on a new design for jw.org and expect it to be available around September 1, 2012.

This is on the web site, so even with free labor and jah's spirit they couldn't make the June timeline

• afreeman
    afreeman

My exact thoughts. I was very disappointed when I went to their website expecting to see the new design only to be greeted by such message.

I bet we're anticipating the launch of the website much more than the dubs.

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

The June arrival was only invisible and seen only by chosen few while in Sep the world will experience the glorified site which was prophesied by earlier letter.

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

When the infamous Sparlock video was released at the Pacific Northwest District Assembly last Saturday, the speaker (Brother Sahid?) announced that the first DVD was "an exception." He clearly stated that future "Be Jehovah's Friend" videos would be released online at the "new JW.org website." He also implied that other videos and audio downloads would be available as well. When he mentioned the smaller sizes of the magazines, he indicated that approach would make them easier to distribute. He said something like "those we meet in our door-to-door service will be less intimidated by the smaller sizes and more likely to read everything in the magazines." We'll see...

JV

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

"those we meet in our door-to-door service will be less intimidated by the smaller sizes

Doesn't he realize people are not intimidated by magazine thickness?

I mean, look at the size of RALPH magazine....it has lots of readers....

oz

• therevealer
    therevealer

@diamondiiz - Love it

• therevealer
    therevealer

@Juan Viejo2 - Did he say "and to that end if we don;t show up at their door at all they will be even less intimidated" LOL

• wasblind
    wasblind

Could it be that donations are down at the conventions

and releasing the DVD online is cheaper for the society ?

Seems to me , Mother is givin' out less and less

while the sheep is givin' more

I think it's time for the sheep to get fultime jobs

so they can afford to be able to print and download

food from " Mother "

• therevealer
    therevealer

Might have to lighten up on the "no higher learnin" so the sheeples have more money for sendin in to Mother

• life is to short
    life is to short

wasblind

You make a really good point. My last convention that I went to in 09 my ultra dub JW husband had just gotten out of the hospital and could only make the morning part of the convention. I went for the afternoon by myself and they released some DVD and a book? The so called sister who was handing out the books when I asked for two almost spit at me in anger saying that MY HUSBAND HAD TO BE THERE TO GET HIS!!!!!!!!!!! She did not care that he was SICK!!!!!!! She said!!!!!!!!!!!

I was just blown away by her anger. All you have to do is put the book they in your bag and go to another line. I was so hurt by her that I went and got five, or six other books and DVD's from different lines and threw them away.

I mean really they way that person spoke to me in Jehovah's loving religion was horrid when I was so stressed out about my husband being sick. I was right on the edge of leaving and it was one more nail in the coffin. But I knew it was all just a cost thing in being so tight in how many they gave out. I still feel proud that I got so many of the stupid DVD's and they all wound up in the trash.

LITS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit