• TD
  • yesidid
    yesidid

Brilliant TD.

Just brilliant.

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

TD:

Thanks, that was a very well written paper. It's always good to have something that well written which documents the evolution of 1914. It's hard to remember the details of all the crap wts did over the years so it's nice to have something in researched form.

• clarity
    clarity

Another point is that wt org did not 'know' (?) that 1914 was when christ started to rule, until 1 9 4 3!!

How dumb was that ........ all these 'annointed' fds were not informed of this til 1943?????

http://www.jwfiles.com/scans/GodsKingdom1000yrs1973pg206-209.htm

Goggle is your friend ...... so much info on the net!

clarity

• 00DAD
    00DAD

bookmarking

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

This may repeat what is above but I was so wound up that I wanted to check it and post it myself....

Wt 1974 8/15 p507

In 1877....According to Bible chronology thereafter adopted, it was understood that 6,000 years of man’s existence on earth ended in 1872, whereas six millenniums of human sin concluded and the seventh millennium began in 1874. Christ’s presence was thought to have begun in October 1874, at the start of the great antitypical Jubilee

Contrast with

"Bible Teach" page 84

23 For how long? During the 19th century, sincere Bible students calculated that the waiting period would end in 1914. (Regarding this date, see the Appendix, pages 215-18.) World events that began in 1914 confirm that the calculation of these sincere Bible students was correct. The fulfillment of Bible prophecy shows that in 1914, Christ became King and God’s heavenly Kingdom began to rule

Liar, Liar! and they have the nerve to call themselves "The Truth"......

Thanks to TD once again..

• Quendi
    Quendi

I'm definitely bookmarking this thread. What a cornucopia of information! Thanks to all who contributed, particularly diamondiiz, yesidid and td.

Quendi

• WildeLover
    WildeLover

Hi all

i echo Quendi's sentiments. Fantastic research and I really appeciate it.

gonna use all of this to pin some folks down. will let you know how it goes

cheers

WildeLover

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Thank you all who contributed to this research. This organisation has more spin than the entire political PR machine of the UK and the USA combined. I thought I was familiar with all the steaming bullsh*t that the society has served up but the 1943 - 1914 switcharoo takes the biscuit.

My parents were baptised in 1950 and i am sure they did not have a clue. To me the way they slip in the admissions obscurely into publications and then never refer to them again is another weaselly way of misleading the loyal following. What would happen if this information, available to anyone with WTlib, was woven in to a public talk or meeting item?

It is all there for anyone who has curiosity and even a tinge of critical thinking. Well done!

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

The 1878 scam was already figured out in 1912 in the Russell v. White debate

In “Millennial Dawn,” Volume III., page 305, Elder Russell says in part: “They (all the prophetic landmarks) have shown us since 1873 we have been living in the seventh millennium;...that the setting up of that kingdom has actually been in progress since the year 1878; that there the resurrection of all the dead in Christ was due; and that therefore, since that date, not only is our Lord and Head invisibly present in the world, but all these holy messengers are with him;...and that the resurrection of his body, the church, we have seen, was in the year 1878, three and a half years after his second advent in October, 1874.”

Why all this change? When his third volume was published in 1891 he boldly declared that the resurrection of the saints, dead in Christ, was due in 1878, and since that date they have been invisibly present in the world. But now, seventeen years later, he is here affirming that the resurrection of both Christ and the saints is in the future, when seventeen years ago he boldly declared that both Jesus Christ and the saints were resurrected in 1878. He was either mistaken when he wrote the book, or he is mistaken in his present contention. Why the difference?

In 1891 Elder Russell was writing the book; in 1908 he is in Cincinnati with a Texas minister of the gospel after him, and he dare not take that position.

However in 1919 still in the Souvenir Report of the Bible Students Convention (J. F. Rutherford):

It means this: “You have been faith­ ful, and therefore you shall wear white robes, but before you wear your white robes you must rest for 360 years.” Rest where? Rest in death, 360 years, and then you shall wear white robes. Martin Luther began his work in the year 1518 A. D. Now then, 360 years from that very date brings us to the spring of 1878, which, Volume Two says was the date of the beginning of the “resurrection of the sleeping saints.”

Could anything be clearer than that? Do you accept that message as from the Lord? Did you know it before Volume Seven was published? Or did you only come to understand it since? Then does Volume Seven contain “meat in due season for the household of faith”? It certainly does.

also (further)

And it says the SECOND angel followed the first one, and its message was “Babylon is fallen.” You remember the dispensations contained in the second volume! And you know how significantly they point to the date 1878; and how that chronologically Babylon was due to begin to fall April 1st of that year (1878) ; and she has been falling ever since. She is in a pretty bad condition now. And as proof that Babylon the great is in a fallen condi-

' tion there is an interesting chapter in the end of the book. The last chapter is devoted to “The Man of Sin ” It shows there how the “Man of Sin” is Papacy—the Anti-Christ: That Papal System is Babylon the Great.

1874 The Midnight Cry and Herald of the Morning (pre-Watchtower) had it pinned at 1874 several times using several multiple calculations.

1914 The Photo Drama of Creation still had a reference to 1874

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit