Just Wondeing

by orangefatcat 14 Replies latest jw friends

• thinker
    thinker

orangefatcat,
    Interesting questions.

...did Jesus ever write about himself on some manuscript paper or with a stylus and stone.
    I mean it seems to me that why would'nt he...

Taken literally (rather than prophetically) many scriptures seem to point to "the end of the world" being expected in a few short years after Jesus's death ("this genereation" for example). If that was the case, there was no reason to publish anything.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    A Guest are you of the old school?

Hmmmmmm... I dunno. I know my "teacher":

John 13:13
    John 14:6, 17, 26
    Acts 2:33
    2 Corinthians 3:17
    (Please see original Greek for this verse and do not rely upon the erroneous rendering in the NWT...)

But I am not so sure of the "school". Why do you ask?

Oh, and again, peace to you!

A slave of Christ,

SJ

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Your formulation of language. Your expressions suggest to me you are from the old school of learning.

• heff
    heff

If you want jesus' own thoughts, just pick up a Watchtower. Hmm, well, is that jehovah or jesus inspiring them? Are inspirations "Jesus intercepted" the same as prayers, or do they have a direct connection?

• AGuest
    AGuest

Dearest "OCat"... peace to you!

I think I understand what you are saying, and actually you have granted me an opportunity to better explain my "style" of speaking.

I have been taught by my Lord to speak forthrightly and in a way that removes... ummmmm... the possibility of "deceit". How so? Well, many words used today don't mean what they USED to, so that misunderstandings and misinterpretations can, and do, occur. Often. In fact, MOST of the time.

If I talked like "myself" (I am a black woman formerly from the "streets". and so, yeah, I CAN "go there" - LOL!), some, many, would be unable to ascertain the truth and sincerity in what I am speaking. So, he has taught me a "new" language... a PURE language... and it is "truth". No matter what.

I do understand that some read my posts... and, well, groan (some even "gnash their teeth", but it's to be expected...), but then, they probably groan when they read Shakespeare (or a book with more than, say, 10 pages... and no pictures... unless, of course, it's the "swimsuit edition" - LOL! Sorry, I am being "myself"!)... due to the "antiquity" of the style... as well as the content.

I apologize for the style part (the content I have little or no control over), but there ARE words TODAY, that mean the SAME thing as they did YESTERDAY, and last year, and 100 years ago, and 1,000 years ago, etc. In speaking truth, then, I am compelled to use words and a style that can be as easily understood today, as it was during Noah's time, Abraham's time, Moses' time, and my Lord's days on the earth.

It is my Lord's "tutelage" that I hear HIM use a word and then I try to speak it to you in the same manner, not deviating at all, to the best of my ability. So, I guess, then, yes, at times it WOULD seem, by my "language" that I am from "the old school".

If, though, you mean the "old school" of the WTBTS, heavens, no. Not at all. I am only 42 years old, dear one.

Again, I bid you peace!

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

SJ

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit