Just Wondeing

by orangefatcat 14 Replies latest jw friends

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

I was reading an interesting novel the other day, it had some religious overtones in the story and then something struck me right out of the blue (no notlightening)that the Bible had several gospels that were written about the life of Jesus and we know that many others scholars who lived at the time of Christ that they wrote about Him. But then I thought to myself, did Jesus ever write about himself on some manuscript paper or with a stylus and stone. How do we know or not know if he ever had a kind of a diary and wrote about his own life. I mean it seems to me that why would'nt he and if he did do you think that some of these manuscripts that have been found could have been written down by his own hands and what some scholars say they about Christ how do you know or not know if He gave them interviews. I was just wondering and my mind was wandering as I read this intriguing novel. Any opinions

PROCRASTINATION IS THE THIEF OF TIME!!

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

I am feeling neglected here!!

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

No.

In 1975 a crack team of publishers was sentenced to death by a judicial commiteee. They promptly escaped from the cult and now live life on the run. If you have a problem ... and if you can find them ... maybe you can contact the A--postate Team"

• AGuest
    AGuest

Dearest "Cat"... may you have peace!

While not having "penned" them himself, my I direct you to the majority of the Psalms and the first 9 chapters of the Proverbs*? Both were "written" by David, but are the voice of my Lord speaking through that one. Read them in this "light" and you will understand what I mean. Listen to his voice as he recounts his heart... and life... to all who have ears to "hear".

*Please note that many believe (as I once did) that the book of Proverbs in its entirety was "written" by Solomon and that all of it are "proverbs." This is incorrect. Actually, the first 9 books were written by David; however, since they are the words of "wisdom" and Solomon was purported to be the wisest man (?), they have been erroneously attributed to him. Actually, they (the first 9 books of Proverbs) are a part of the Psalms, which my Lord spoke to and through David, and the proverbs themselves actually start with Chapter 10, as the book itself plainly states.

Again, I bid you peace,

A slave of Christ,

SJ

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

Aguest---I actually just understood everything you just said...<gasp>

(((((((((shelby)))))))))

In 1975 a crack team of publishers was sentenced to death by a judicial commiteee. They promptly escaped from the cult and now live life on the run. If you have a problem ... and if you can find them ... maybe you can contact the A--postate Team"

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Did I miss something in the translation here???

PROCRASTINATION IS THE THIEF OF TIME!!

• AGuest
    AGuest

And the greatest of {{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}} and peace to you, too, DungieGirl!

Dearest "Cat", may you also have peace... and I am not sure what you "missed" in the "translation". You asked if my Lord, himself wrote any books, and I responded with, no, he did not "write" any himself, per se, but he himself inspired the writing of at least most of the Psalms and the first 9 books of the Proverbs.

NOTE: I am of the understanding that,as God's "Word" (John 1:14, Revelation 19:130, he also "delivered" all of the scriptures - those writings that are "inspired", which are Moses, the Psalms, the Prophets and the Revelation, but are NOT Paul's letters and the gospel, chronologies, histories, etc. He "delivered" them to those who penned them, but they were "inspired" by my Father, the Holy One of Israel, JAH OF ARMIES.

Again, I bid you peace,

A slave of Christ,

SJ

• peterstride
    peterstride

Hey Orangefatcat,

It takes a while to get used to AGuest's writing/typing/thought style.

Peter

• AGuest
    AGuest

Dearest Peter... peace to you!

And may I first say, "Thank you" for your explanation to "Cat"... and that my "writing/typing/thought style" is all based on truth, as I receive it FROM the Truth... and if it took me awhile to "get used to" truth... well, I would have to wonder why. My Lord does not leave me "without witness", but gives great amounts of "evidence" to support what I am given. All one needs do is look it up. Better yet, all one needs do is ASK... and one shall also "receive".

Again, the greatest of peace to you!

Your servant, and a slave of Christ,

SJ

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Thank you Peter for the explaination. A Guest are you of the old school?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit