WatchTower damages more JW families & children with Sparlock video :(

by mind blown 17 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• mind blown
    mind blown

Another disgusting attempt of the WTS controling attempt to know it all.

You can totally see the WTS did not consult a therapist, getting professional help/advice on how to handle the situation or message they were trying to convey to the child. The facial expression of the mother ( is disturbing even to me) while evoking guilt to the child. Showing the snake/Satan fear, evil, more guilt. Even when the mothers finished she doesn't even replace they toy the WTS encourages to throw in the trash. Instead of being a positive learing tool for both child and parent, it encourages abusive emotional behavior ........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxfuPD89Wxs

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Even when the mothers finished she doesn't even replace they toy the WTS encourages to throw in the trash.

I wonder how much poor little Caleb's friend paid for the toy? Wouldn't it be a better lesson to at least return the toy rather than throwing it away? Unless Caleb's 'friend' is the creepy guy who hangs around outside his school. The mother doesn't even ask who gave it to him.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Yeah, they didn't give too much thought about the toy's demise.

If Caleb had found the toy along the side of the road, perhaps return the toy to where he'd found it so the kid who lost it could get it back.

Or if it'd been loaned to him, take it back to the kid who owned it.

But if the toy's disposed of, and it doesn't belong to Caleb, then how's he going to explain to the other kid that his mum put it in the bin! It'll only cause trouble between the boys' mothers! And make the JW religion look like a bunch of superstitious freaks!

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Broken Promises:

And make the JW religion look like a bunch of superstitious freaks!

So at least some good will come of it.

• mind blown
    mind blown

Broken Promises I didn't even think about that one, but you're correct. Returning it would have been a better alternative. But again, the trash, another negative suggestion.

A mom can make a point about being God/Jahs friend without even having to bring the devil/satan in the mix, using positive reasoning skills and still making a point...just saying he doesn't like it becasue he doesn't like magic spells. But the child will soon find out that Moses practiced magic in Egypt.......and so did Jesus........

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

That GB Anthony M. is one sick puppy. Anybody who gets excited about a WT book of bible stories got to seriously have a lots of rocks loose upstairs.

I would just like to say nice job on the youtube video.

I'm surprised the Wt would make any videos like that exposing their ignorance and their neuritic phobia's so clearly to the public. Well perhaps it just that the insane old men on the governing body have no idea how insane of cult leaders they are.

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

BP: So true!

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

What the video fails to address at all, among many other things, is how the guilt can be internalized. Yes, Caleb is shown as oh-so-happy and yippee after getting rid of the toy. But in real life, after being shown so starkly how so very wrong it was for him to want the toy, he would more likely feel stupid or guilty for feeling so happy like he did for wanting something Jehovah hates. Especially if, as in many real life things, he still desires it. That would then mean that he is still making Jehovah sad since Jehovah knows what is in his heart. So that sets up an internal self-hating complex that could last far beyond whatever happy resolution this little story supplies.

I wonder how much poor little Caleb's friend paid for the toy? Wouldn't it be a better lesson to at least return the toy rather than throwing it away?

Yeah I thought of that too. What if his friend wants it back?

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "...And make the JW religion look like a bunch of superstitious freaks!..." Broken Promises

And that's a GOOOOOD thing...

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

Wouldn't want people to get the right impression, right?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit