"My Bible Lessons" - WT feature for infants 3 and Under

by 00DAD 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

00DAD - enjoyed your deconstruction of the "Caleb and friends" series. . . Yes, this is yet another reason they don't want folks going to those nasty COLLEGES AND UNIVERITIES - you learn about child psychology and development and what is and isn't age appropriate (at least I've learned that. . . )

Yeah, they have no clue, never did.

Beat Satan out of your kid, throw out magic toys, read bible stories. . . Yeah, that'll do it. . .

• steve2
    steve2

• The intended audience of "My Bible Lessons": those 3 and under.
    • The actual audience of "My Bible Lessons": Adults.
    • Conclusion: Finally the Watchtower strikes intellectual "gold"- a reading level your average JW can manage!
  • Heaven
  • Simon
    Simon

The bible-warning-sticker is pretty cool - anyone know where you can get those?

• blondie
  • WTWizard
    WTWizard

I wonder if this is a prelude toward lowering the baptism age from 6 to 3. Imagine a 4 year old getting disfellowshipped.

• wasblind
    wasblind

WTWizard

they know that more folks are delayin' baptism when the choice is left to the older individual

babies have no choice

• 00DAD
    00DAD

WTWizard: I wonder if this is a prelude toward lowering the baptism age from 6 to 3. Imagine a 4 year old getting disfellowshipped.

What we DIDN'T see was Caleb going out under cover of darkness and rescuing Sparlock from the dumpster.

CUT TO: JW Mom & Dad catching him playing with his magic wand ...

CUT TO: Caleb, who was baptized at 3 years and 7 months, is in a Judicial Meeting for apostasy and spiritism.

CUT TO: Service Meeting, Elder I. N. Quisition walks to platform, "Caleb xxxx is No Longer One of Jehovah's Witnesses"

• Heaven
    Heaven

What we DIDN'T see was Caleb going out under cover of darkness and rescuing Sparlock from the dumpster.

This would have been me. Bin there done that.

• steve2
    steve2

If you spell Caleb's name backwards. it spells "Belac". Wasn't Belac one of the most evil pagan gods in olden-times? Why would the Watchtower choose a child's name that - viewed in a mirror - reeks of pagan evilness? What can it all mean? What can we do about it? How can we save the world's children from both Sparlock and Belac? Why has my stomach ulcer just got vastly bigger and more painful? Where is the paracetamol when I need it? Hell, where is the Watchtower writing committee to soothe and reassure me?

It's a big, horible, frightening world out here and I need deluded, self-righteous answers to my urgent questions.

On a related note, I wouldn't choose to expose children to the Watchtower's warnings about magic, but you'd be surprised what children can be parentally warned about but love doing just the same.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit