WT's biggest gaffe ever?

by Pistoff 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

CLEARLY, the forerunner to Sparlock is none other than his Purple Highness, PRINCE.

His diminutive stature, his Sign O' the Times album and his introduction of Purple at the conventions obviously prepared the way for Sparlock.

More to follow on this shocking new light.

• Poztate
    Poztate
    This Sparlock debacle is about as lame as when the Heart and brain would talk to each other at assemblies

I was there...good dub (indoctrinated)

I thought ...boy are "we" ever smart. All them scientists and doctors figure that the heart is just a pump but we know better.

When they "took it back" a few years later they were careful to divert blame from themselves.

• apostatethunder
    apostatethunder

Sparlock, that should never have been filmed.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I remember the hear v brain battle. This is nothing compared to our friend Sparlock Given the power of the internet, I believe that Sparlock, who has been given life by the watchtower, will be dealing magic for years to come. Sparlock is a give that will continue to give for years to come.

• Hermano
    Hermano

I think GeneM makes a good point. Kids will probably be excited about watching the first episode or so, but once they realize it's a cartoon scolding they'll end up hating the damn thing.

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

What if Sparlock was created to "divert the attention" for a bit off of the "generation" teaching.

I know Sparlock is fun to talk about and how the WTBTS has made a mistake creating this figure, but i'm all in on the "meat and potato(e?lol)" of the generation teaching.

Do you think that this figurine will actually make someone leave the WTBTS?

Could this be a diversoinary tactic? I find it hard to beleive that they are not thinking several layers ahead of where we are now and what I mean by that is that they must have known that the video would be copied and put on Youtube to the day it was done, they must have known that there would be some that would go all out on the "sparlock" frenzy. Fun I admit, but does this really have some merit to it?

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

Oodad said ,

Look carefully at the picture below and answer: How many generations do you see?

Say the first thing that comes to mind.

One "Overlapping Generation"

• If you said "One Overlapping Generation" then congratulations!!! You are a faithful Witness for Jehovah.
    • If you said "Four" then I'm sorry but I've got bad news, you are a "mentally diseased" apostate!

However, if that picture was taken in 1914, then remember that Jesus still wasn't referring to any of the 'four' generations in the picture above. He was referring to a generartion that was yet to be born in the year this picture was taken (1914) but would overlap with the baby shown.

Now that isn't a gaffe. It is effing stupidity beyond decent respect for the marvel of human intelligence.

• Fernando
    Fernando

Claiming to be "publishers of the good news" whilst being ignorant of the "good news" according to Paul, Moses, Isaiah, Psalms and more!

I.O.W. being ignorant of more than half the Bible's roughly 152 references to the "good news".

I.O.W. publishing religion instead of the "good news".

I.O.W. proffering a depleted or truncated 1-ingredient "good news" after maliciously and deceptively removing at least 29-key-ingredients, and invoking Paul's curse on themselves for their apostasy (spiritual unfaithfulness).

I look forward to seeing how the curse unfolds...

• 00DAD
    00DAD

ThomasCovenant: However, if that picture was taken in 1914, then remember that Jesus still wasn't referring to any of the 'four' generations in the picture above. He was referring to a generartion that was yet to be born in the year this picture was taken (1914) but would overlap with the baby shown.

Thanks for taking my post to it's logical conclusion, which only further shows how illogical WT "Theology" is!

It's such a ridiculous doctrine it's hard to imagine that they could seriously have ever even considered going public with it, let alone actually doing it.

This is (one of many reasons) why I could never return to the religion: JWs are not allowed to make their own decisions about some of the most important things in life and they have to believe things that are not true!

• Conan The Barbarian
    Conan The Barbarian

1975, the flip on the Generation, and now almost 1914+100 and nothing-just to mention a few. The legacy of Freddy Franz and his writtings will take 50 + years to slowly get rid of. The line out of vegas is betting that the 1914 date will be used less and less until 15-20 years from now, they will be sayin: "what about 1914?"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit