WT's biggest gaffe ever?

by Pistoff 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Pistoff
  • simon17
    simon17

Probably the 1925 false predictions... that almost killed them.

• Sparlock
    Sparlock

Filming me being thrown into the garbage!

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Creating a Magical Warrior Wizard! They will never live that one down. False prophecy be damned. They are now the proud owners of the most popular wizard ever.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

It might take a few months, but we could be witnessing it (no pun intended) right now.

I mean, as stupid as the creation of Sparlock is, I find the message absurd to the 10th degree. Condemning "magic" in such a blanket way is going to wake up some sleeping JWs. You are going to have uber-JWs telling moms and dads to get rid of their Disney movies, and judging them for visiting the "magic kingdom" How stupid is that? I mean we are talking dumbshit cult behavior that hasn't ever been seen.

Add to that the creepy North Korea song at the end of the video, and the WTS might have a real revolt here to deal with.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

I don't mean biggest mistakes, or terrible doctrines, just a mistake it is hard to understand.

Here are some startling things about, yep you guessed it, SPARLOCK.

1. The Society has created, spawned, conjured up THEIR OWN SATANIC ACTION FIGURE. Assuming that the Society has trademarked the name Sparlock and the representation of the action figure this means that the society has created out of thin air the very thing that they are condemning. If they have not trademarked it, nothing stops us from making this character a real action figure. I want an entire world, with a backstory and related characters.

2. Sparlock is CUTE. I want one. I think this will backfire for the society. Young witness children who never thought of owning a purple action figure will want one; admit it, you probably want one also. It will be like the old bit: try not to think of a polar bear. Well, children, try now to put Sparlock out of your head.

3. The parents of JW children will have to deal with questions about whether Sparlock is real or not. Is he a real action figure? It would be difficult to deny that Sparlock is any less real than the Smurfs, or any other myriad of action figures with wizardry and magic connections. But it did not exist before this video; does he exist now? There is Caleb, a real witness child, in the mind of a small child. Is Sparlock any less real than Caleb to the child? We see it as adults; how will a child see this?

4. The Society will be generating income from contributions for this DVD, including the representation of the action figure that they created but imply is wrong for children to have.

The hypocrisy of this is mind-boggling. They will be generating income from a trademarked MAGIC character, whether he is a good guy or bad guy, no difference! What delicious irony!

5. Imagine the conversation about this dilemma:

Questioner: Why would the society create this character? Isn't it wrong to imply or represent something that could bring demons into the home? There he is, big as life, right on screen!

Faithful JW: look, the character is not real. He's made up.

Questioner: You mean made up, like Harry Potter, the Smurfs and Scooby Doo? Exactly!

Honestly, I think they have really stepped in it this time. They have created a very cute character who never existed before; ex JW's have been clubbing their gray heads with it

for the last two weeks.

When the rank-and-file gets this video, I think they're going to be upset; the children will be curious about the character and will want to know if it's real.

The parents will have more questions to answer.

The parents will begin to compare this real/unreal character with the reality/unreality of all other pretend characters, and realize it is not a big deal.

Really, I think it's one of their biggest gaffes.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

LG you are thinking like I am.

This is a big mistake. They have made a highly realized character that is appealing. THEY CREATED THEIR OWN MAGIC CHARACTER!!!!

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

PIstoff---you should come join us. Some of us are working on those very things. And anyone else that is interested.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Sparlock/

• DT
    DT

I can't believe they showed Sparlock clearly enough to be recognised and copied. It was also a big mistake to make him a warrior and a wizard. They gave us apostates a two for one deal.

I wonder if they hired a worldly company to help them that has no idea about XJW culture. I can picture them making all these suggestions to make the video a little better without realising it would backfire like this. They may have broken the religion of their client.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

This Sparlock debacle is about as lame as when the Heart and brain would talk to each other at assemblies

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit