Can one have their JW baptism annulled?? Seriously?

by mind blown 34 Replies latest watchtower bible

• nugget
    nugget

I do know of an instance where a very humble sister appoached the elders and requested the opportunity to get rebaptised because she did not feel she was baptised for the right reasons and this was permitted. This would mean tht her original baptism was annulled. However the situation was different to yours in that her purpose was to get rebaptised, she was still attending meetings, she had not been Df'd or Da'd.

One thing I do object to in the baptism questions is the questions relating to DF'ing are extremely limited and do not actually address the area of disagreement with the religious doctrine. They are couched in such a limited way that someone getting baptised would never envision a time when those scriptures would apply to them. As such, people getting baptised are not made fully aware of the consequences of their decision and therefore are not making an informed decision when they take the oath. After all if a minor is asked questions about fornication what level of understanding would they have about what that means? If you were a minor when baptised I would ask a lawyer to write to the society since you were not old enough to sign a contract you were not old enough to make a verbal one either. Hoever once the decision is made it is hard to get them to annul it.

• bigmac
    bigmac

i agree totally with nickolas

" but you are not first place in their hearts and they should not be first in yours."

its exactly what happened to me--30+years ago. one has to seriously doubt the mentality of anyone who can put their belief in a myth ahead of their family values.

• mind blown
    mind blown

Thank you Blondie for all your information as well as the rest for your comments

Down the line I may pursue this. How can I have made a fully informed decision, when I was not fully informed they were not inspired of god. That's BS! Many keep saying you knew better, you were fully informed. NO I was not fully informed they left things out. I would have not joined.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    Would it be possible?? Seriously.
    I feel I was baptized under false pretense.

Any verbal contract implied by the baptism questions is void because they are contingent on false claims about the Watch Tower Society's presumed authority, which is ultimately derived from their erroneous dating of 607 BCE. If the terms of a contract are invalid, the contract is void.

But even aside from that, any person can consider any such primitive ritual void, and act accordingly. No one is legally bound to behave in accordance with any supposed 'rules' that the Society imagines it can impose on anyone.

However, and unfortunately, this won't have any bearing on how members are told to treat those who leave.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

"However, and unfortunately, this won't have any bearing on how members are told to treat those who leave."

So true, even if you got your baptism annulled, this removes no power whatsoever from the WT.

They will say that as you accepted the WT as God's Organization at a later date, by going DtoD and accepting "piviliges"(even a sister standing by a contribution box at an assembly is considered such!) your repudiation of it now is exactly the same as someone whose baptism was valid.

There is no way to leave with dignity if the WT can find some way to make you suffer, and they have all the ways covered, apart from the perfect fade.

The WT are the worst kind of bullies, best avoided.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit