Have You Ever Gone To Meetings While Under The Influence Of Booze Or Drugs?

by minimus 30 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I had an Italian elder friend that regularly drank his wine (daily) and it was obvious that on some Thursday or Tuesday evenings, he was clearly under the influence of alcohol. Quite often, we would have a 3:00 Sunday afternoon elder's meeting and once again, I could tell he had been drinking.

Nobody ever brought it up but I knew him well and he loved his vino and martinis!

We had a number of people on meds that would either act like zombies at the meetings or cry or get aggressive.

Were you ever under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol while at the meetings or did you know of some that were???

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

I thought you "had" to be under the influence to attend the meetings... how else could you make sense of that shit...

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

Booze is a drug.

And I didn't get the chance to.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I've walked into a meeting on a tuesday night after a couple of glasses of wine

• minimus
    minimus

Some of my most memorable elder's meetings was when this guy had a few.

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

when i was a teenager (like 15 years ago) i was heavily into drugs. one night i dropped acid on my way home from work (i had done acid many times) and when i got home my mother informed me that this was the night i promised to go to the meeting. (i was 17 and not going to meetings). she was right, and i totally forgot, i tried to get out of it, but then she accuratly pointed out how she doesnt make me go to meetings and allows me to smoke in the house, and all she is asking for is this 1 meeting. it was a reasonable request, so I went.

it was wild, the lights in there are so bright that it really enhanced the LSD trip. there is really nothing too out of the ordanary to report, it was pretty awesome, and there were streaks of light coming from whoever was on the platform. probably was the most interesting meeting i ever been too. once the meeting ended, jw's tried to talk to me, but i got the hell out of there.

• minimus
    minimus

yourmomma, that was trippy!

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

Lol Yourmomma, do you watch the show Workaholics? I just remember because last night's episode is where they drop acid with their boss.

Anyways, funny story.

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

LOL yeah, I love that show! i wish i could make it better, but i hate it when people BS about their LSD trips, like "hey man, i saw smurfs giving talks at the kingdom hall, it was crazy man." haha

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

No but I do know one brother drank alot of red wine(He told me he loves red wine) before each book study, his wife drove him to the book study each time, he was so happy at each book study, but for Sunday and TMS/SM meetings, he is very sober. He got df'd probably for drinking and smoking. He got reinstated after 20 years.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit