You can take your three day quickbuild and shove it...

by Aaron Eldridge 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Aaron Eldridge
    Aaron Eldridge

There is a christian organisation that builds churches in one day, oddly enough they are called Church In A Day. So much for the quickbuild being used as proof of God's divine order working through the Organisation.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/05/29/faithful-volunteers-build-church-in-one-day-in-iowa/

• Think About It
    Think About It

Probably even has windows.

Think About It

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

Grrr they're just such jack-asses!

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

That is amazing. I have always wondered how to counteract a JW's glowing report of quickbuilds as showing how they are the only truly united religion on earth, and this is the perfect example.

A quick build is not really that remarkable anyway. When we did our one in Hobart, it took 6 months to complete all the groundwork. I was convinced by the end that the total number of person hours spent on the project was more than if it had been built progressively. The whole concept seemed to be a trumpet blowing exercise.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I can remember the "quick(??)" build of my former Kingdumb Hell. The foundation was prepared months ahead, including pouring the slab. Fact is, the witlesses made such a big deal out of a stupid slab of concrete--as if the filthy angels were there (which would actually be all the more reason to NOT visit the stupid slab. More than anything, there is nothing to gain from looking at a slab of concrete that is to be a Kingdumb Hell in a few months.

And, the workmanship is pxxx poor in most cases. It is usually possible for anyone to get a frame of that size up in a weekend, especially when you have an adequate crew. But, when they use inferior materials, you get things like fires, bad climate control (and most of them are known for unreliable air conditioners and/or heaters), and things falling apart within a few months of constructing them. They can get the finest wood for their boxes (out of your donations), but if they are poorly assembled, usually they end up looking sloppy or functioning poorly.

Beyond this, the Kingdumb Hell wasn't even 100% finished when we moved in. Curtains, blinds, and window dressings were not even installed. They had to redo the window dressings between the main auditorium and the second school/back room. In fact, they ended up using a blanket for a time--taped to the frame (and were embarrassed when, during the book study in the back room, the tape gave way and they were exposed). It must have been another 3 months before it was completed--and, as late as 8 years in, they had an ongoing heat problem not fixed.

• dinah
    dinah

Oh, but the loans! The loans and associated interest!

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

Our quick-build hall dating 1987 is full of mold because it was built in the rain...and after a cosmetic renovation all they did is to cover up the mold with paint and wallpaper...$50K wasted. After 3 weeks the novelty had already wore off and the general look of the KHall still was outdated...

• steve2
    steve2

Some kingdom halls look absolutely awful that I'm surprised the local JWs aren't ashamed of the way the buildings look.

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

The world record for building a house is less than 3 hours!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2HqW-AAb20

In this video, firefighters in Tuscon, Az build a house in 24 hours. Twenty-four hour house building projects are relatively common. No holy spirit required.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fekL2uwYQK4

• blindnomore
    blindnomore

search engine should read,

slavery-driven-volunteers-build-torture compound-in-one-day-in-iowa.

(guess what local Police Department in my city calls local Kindom Hall?- place of Protecting child abuser)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit