Why does the WT care if a sister is over 40?

by NewChapter 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• puffthedragon
    puffthedragon

They have a slightly lower hour requirement once sisters hit 40 and brothers hit 60. Nothing sinister on this one.

• sir82
    sir82

Puff has it right.

The hour requirement for a special pioneer is 130 / month. For sisters over 40 and brothers over 60, the requirement drops to 120.

What a loving provision!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

What about dropping the hour requirement to -15 (yup, minus 15) and allowing disfellowshipped, disassociated, and inactive people as well as those doing things that could get them disfellowshipped (including open Devil worship) to parasitize them? And be greedy--living expenses exceeding 100,000 toilet papers a month (and don't forget to use the excess to buy silver so they cannot track it and you will have it in case of hyperinflation). And drop the age for this provision to age 6 (so that those who are baptized at age 6 can get right in and special pious-sneer without doing anything).

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

They have a slightly lower hour requirement once sisters hit 40 and brothers hit 60. Nothing sinister on this one.

Yet, no check box for "Brother over 60"...

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Puff has it right.

The hour requirement for a special pioneer is 130 / month. For sisters over 40 and brothers over 60, the requirement drops to 120.

That's interesting, but there is no box for brother's over 60.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

oops, Yan beat me to it.

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

Hey, NC, my wife just aced a "Women's Studies" class at a local university. I have an eye for these things now...

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

Oooooh I know the answer!

Because they're sexist and age discriminatory!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit