Why does the WT care if a sister is over 40?

by NewChapter 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/226253/1/Special-Pioneers-I-wonder-if-this-is-what-Jesus-wanted-their-assignment-deduced-to

In the above thread, the special pioneer slip asks if a sister is over 40. I had never seen anything like this, and wondered if anyone knew why.

NC

• cuckoo in the nest
    cuckoo in the nest

Playing devil's advocate for the moment: maybe it's to assess her fertility. Either to ascertain whether she's likely to stop slaving for the WTS in order to selfishly have a child of her own, or conversely whether she's still good breeding stock and likely to produce a litter of future dubbies..? Troll mode off...

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

Cuckoo-that's what I thought, though I wondered if it might be a stipend for 'feminine hygiene' products, and they were hoping that soon they wouldn't have to pay for these necessary things.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

that is an odd little factoid. I can't imagine what purpose that knowledge would serve

• MC RubberMallet
    MC RubberMallet

The slip is copyrighted in 2009.

I know in bethel, everyone was required to work 2 Saturdays a month then. The exceptions were brothers over 60 and sisters over 40. Later in 2009, it was changed so that no bethelite had to work any Saturdays.

Possibly, sisters over 40 in special pioneer work got special consideration at the time, like if their stats were low or inconsistent.

Possibly.

• cuckoo in the nest
    cuckoo in the nest

PTN, you really think the old farts who run the show would want to pay for those? This is the bunch of clowns who begrudge you a second paper towel for your hands...

• MC RubberMallet
    MC RubberMallet

Unfortunately, they overlook some forms to update.

Some paperwork in circulation still says Presiding Overseer.

Or maybe they still give certain consideration to sisters over 40 in that work.

I got that form in my possession last year, so unless it changed since then, it's still in use.

• mP
    mP

Considering birthdays are from Satan how does any JW know how old they are ? Acknowledging their age is a passive counting of birthdays. PAGAN PAGAN! SATAN is your lord.

• oompa
    oompa

Actually that explains a lot to me....i dissassociated myself bythe second level passageway in Great Pyramid in Gaza measures 1600 feet...which in hebrew and cherokee is a very significant number...if you divide it by 40 it it actually come out to 40 which is same number of stars in the Pleides constellation...these evidently represent all the women 40 years old and still virgin that will be part of those called up for heavenly duty in groups of 70 to be with martyrs of all faiths as a heavenly reward....or something like that..................oompa

this is not really new light but has been kept sealed until deep....very deep in the last days...until jehovah...at his appointed time reveald it was time for his faithful and discreet slave to reveal this truth

witnesses can verify this by independent research on the www......oops....no they cant....so please take my word for it....i did ALL the research on this so you dont have to and i would never lie to you

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

Maybe they figured if they are over 40 and are listed as single they are likely to stay that way.

NJY

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit