Peter kicking the apostates DOWN!

by nananana 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• sunerom
    sunerom

Good point, Puff.Peter observed first hand the wondrous miracels Jesus performed yet he succumed to the fear of men and denied the Son of God not once but THREE TIMES! He later came to his senses and realized that he need not fear the opinion of any man (or body of men) since his salvation rested on his personal relationship with Jesus Christ alone.What bothers me about Nana's drive-by comment is 1) It is no way helpful or encouraging but has it's origin in hate and derision, two qualities i'm quite sure the Son of God would not espouse, and 2)It only belies his or her's lack of knowledge of scripture.It's ok, though, i'm sure Nana will not have the conviction or accurate knowledge to defend his or her statement.Tragic yet typical.

• extractor
    extractor

Oh, that's right.... you don't know yet that you've been given a fake bible....

NIV 2 Peter 2:20 If they have escaped the corruption of the world by knowing our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and are again entangled in it and are overcome, they are worse off at the end than they were at the beginning.

"knowing" as in a relationship. Not "accurate knowledge".

Unfortunately for you, you have neither of the above.

PM me Nana and try to convert me (and count your time for a bonus!)

• sizemik
    sizemik

Perhaps you need to give heed to your own textbook for a change . . . instead of making hateful accusations.

When he was being reviled, he did not go reviling in return. When he was suffering, he did not go threatening, but kept on committing himself to the one who judges righteously.

Really . . . you are an exceedingly bad advertisement for your faith.

• nugget
    nugget

Blondie I'm confused 1 Peter is referring to slaves but second Peter is the scripture Nana posted about. Does the discussion continue in the second book as well?

Nana you post is pointless in that it assumes that you were right and apostates left something pure for the corruption of the world. I think you need to examine what you are holding up as pure religion and not assume that by running away from the idolatory of GB worship that apostates are not in a better place spiritualy than you could be still in the nest of corruption. I am sorry if this seems blunt but I feel very strongly that you are blind to your religion's failings and this is making you appear foolish to those who have taken the trouble to inform themselves.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Nice quote, Blondie.

You've pointed out beautifully how the WT corrupts and twists the Bible, pretending by quoting a passage out of context and twisting its meaning to its own ends that it says something about so-called apostates and the 21st century whereas in fact it says something totally different.

Peter wasn't interested in apostates. He was concerned with spreading ther good news that jesus, who had been crucified (yes, that word) and had died had risen again from the dead and by doing so had conquered death for all mankind. He was concerned with spreading that news of jesus' resurrection.

The message of the vision at Joppa was that this news was for everyone, not just Jews. It was not about confining the promises of Jesus to those who would stick slavishly to every little piece of doctrine invented by those who would pretend to come after him and who would form themselves into a "Governing Body".

Edit: Just read nugget's post above. Sorry, I should have read that first. I'm going to wait now and see what Blondie says. Still, even so, what I wrote above is valid, even if it turns out to be a bit out of context.

• blondie
    blondie

I just realized, wrong scripture....but it still applies what is the context. Who was Peter talking about, those in charge in the congregation, not the rank and file. And I never saw the word apostate used in the scripture.

Also any so-called faithful jw would not be on this website and their presence very well could put them in the same category. The WTS has warned over and over not to go to these websites. jws who do and purport to be faithful, are disobeying God per the WTS and putting forth their own belief over that of the bible.

• james_woods
    james_woods

I thought nananana was long gone from JWN.

Guess not, though.

Strange to understand the point of this kind of trolling.

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

Dammit nananana I just got your troll cooties washed off me and now I've got to start all over again.

You know it's one thing to fling poo and stick around, but it's just chicken to throw shit and run.

And BTW, you're not being good and obedient if you don't defend your faith like you're told to.

Tisk tisk naughty naughty shame on you.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

well I guess she made her time this month

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit