My Question..........................

by Night Owl 14 Replies latest jw friends

• wasblind
    wasblind

The smartest people are the born ins, this is all they ever known

and yet they sensed somethin' not right about it and left

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I've often said that belief is not about intelligence. There seems to be a more emotional aspect to it. The security of knowing the answers and such. I was not born-in, and I'm not stupid. I feel really stupid when I think about how I was snagged, but I'm not really stupid. Many inside are quite intelligent, but emotional issues prevent the from honestly evaluating the information. Once they work past that, their intelligence will be unleashed to rip their beliefs apart. Until that happens, they will keep their intelligence in check.

What am I falling for now? I suppose that happens at times. However I like to believe that from my experience I have learned not to let my intelligence take a break. Prove it. That's what I say now. And then I think about the proof and analyze it.

Reference to people still in being stupid, is really a reference to them not using their brains in this area. It is a stupid move---but not a comment on their actual intelligence. Even intelligent people can do stupid things.

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

"Who is not brainwashed in this world? I don't think there is one.

Who even has an ORIGINAL thought? No one. Your head was empty when you were born and others filled it up."

The most important thing you, I or anyone else can do is THINK FOR YOURSELVES. Remember, true education teaches your how to think. Propaganda tells you what to think.

Yes, your head was empty when you were born and others filled it up.....but what was it filled with? I believe firmly in the law of gravity. it has been proven....therefore I am not against someone teaching me from a young age that such a law exists. But other things in life (what was the origin of life? Are you a republican or democrat? Etc) should not be taught as law because there is no hard/fast proof as to what is and is not right. A person should strive to learn both sides of an argument and then make a choice based on proper investigation and critical thought.

Life isn't about having original thoughts. It is about having the FREEDOM of thought to make decisions YOU want to make based on analyzing information.

• puffthedragon
    puffthedragon

I was a born in. I was always questioning things from the time I was 13. I still grew up and pioneered and went to bethel because it was what was expected of me and I at that time did not have a strong sense of self. When I finally stopped living to make others happy and for myself, things got better. I am still trying to sort out my religious beliefs, but they are not the focus of my life. I am going to be a decent person whether there is a god or not.

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

NOthing..I was born into it and as soon as I could,I flew outta that crap.It seems to fill a void i some peoples lives tho.I am so stunned when I find that someone who I consider kind of intelligent becomes a JW.Come on,you have to suck out 50 or 75 IQ points to be in the religion,you all know that...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit