Any blues fans out there?

by botchtowersociety 30 Replies latest social entertainment

• Black Sheep
  • botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety
    We always have wondered what Stevie Ray might have accomplished if he had had a better helicopter pilot.

Maybe it was his time...and he wasn't the pilot, by the way.

• talesin
  • james_woods
    james_woods
    Maybe it was his time...and he wasn't the pilot, by the way.

I said "had had", BTS, not "had been".

A lot of people here in Dallas have never gotten over it.

Dude flew straight up into the power lines.

What was that concert where he got his start? Didn't he guitar solo (non voice) of a Jimi Hendrix cover as a starter for some famous band - maybe Lynard Skynard?

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety
    I said "had had", BTS, not "had been".

Ah. My bad.

I recall he toured with Clapton at some point.

• sizemik
    sizemik

OK it's country blues . . . a bit light and fluffy for some.

But hell . . . this guy could play guitar . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcy9YDBjME4

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety
    OK it's country blues . . . a bit light and fluffy for some. But hell . . . this guy could play guitar . . .

That's what I am looking for.

Blacksheep too. Thanks.

• badseed
  • sizemik
    sizemik

If you like the harp . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBeuco0PgJs

To borrow an anonymous quote . . .

You start by having the woman you love rip your heart out of your chest, stomp on it and leave it layin' in the cold november mud while she packs up her things and never comes back. Then buy a a good blues harp ( key; if C bends easily) then play to forget and play for better times to come. After all that... repeat process as necessary to archive a broken soul sound via vibrating metal reeds. There really is no better teacher than time.

• talesin
    talesin

badseed - I was sitting next to him at the bar one night between sets, and wanted to buy him a drink (Gran Marnier, of course), and he said "No, darlin', I am too old for you" , and he bought me a JD. I tried to tell him I wasn't trying to pick him up, but he wasn't buying it. So sad that the RA took away his ability to play in his later years.

t

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit