24 baptized at Tucson, AZ today - attendance 5,670

by Gayle 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Gayle
    Gayle

http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2012/06/jehovahs_witnesses_baptize_28.html

28 baptized with about 8,000 attendance = .35% or .0035. Quite low. Baptized were age 9-69.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

Just came back from one on the East Coast. Attendance numbers (roughly):

Friday - 5,200

Sat - 5,300

Sun - 6,111

37 baptized. If you use the Sat stats, then it's .69%. Using Sun, then it's .6%.

• St George of England
    St George of England

UK this past weekend

Sunday attendance = 8,000

Saturday attenance = 7615

No. baptised = 11

I make that 0.14%

George

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

Dayton Ohio, this past weekend:

attendance Saturday morning, day of baptism: abt 6400

attendance Sunday morning, abt 6900

Baptized: 34

34/6400 = 0.53%

• Gayle
    Gayle

as the Service Year raps up for 2012 end of this month of August. Last of summer District Conventions rapping up in U.S. this weekend.

Many reports about unimpressive amounts getting baptized at Conventions this summer. Hopefully another decrease again this year.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

11,125 attendance at the convention i attended with 39 baptized. I’m told speaker wasn’t too jazzed with the small number of baptismal candidates he was delivering his talk to. A disappointing 39 out of 11,125, .0035%!

The love of the greater number among JWs may be cooling off in more ways than one!

• steve2
    steve2

BTT

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

I am continually shocked at how baptisms have dropped off, yet the typical witnesses don't seem to realize it. A circuit assembly this weekend in London Ohio had 2 baptized out of 900 in attendance. 2/900 = .0022

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

That percentage is way way below the rise in the population, it does not even cover the faithfull JW's who have died in the last year !!!!!

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

I haven't been to a meeting since June 2010...but I was shocked to see 0 baptized with 1500 attending at one of the last CA I attended! Bizare to watch the brother giving the talk for no one...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit