An ex-Jehovah's Witness turns Cult Leader

by iamwhoiam 25 Replies latest jw friends

• scotoma
    scotoma

If this guy can think he's Jesus then certainly Jesus could think he's Jesus too.

• steve2
    steve2

As Ron Hubbard, Chuck Russell, Joseph Smith, Ellen White et al discovered, the fleece of sheep is lined with gold. And, boy, do those sheep love to be fleeced. Baa-humbug! Oh, and some famous, now long-dead American - Jimmie Rodgers? said: There's a sucker born every minute. Saving stupid people sheep from cults could easily be a full-time job.

• Bubblegum Apotheosis
  • Bubblegum Apotheosis
    Bubblegum Apotheosis

Take a walk on the wild side, Ronson's book will protect your loved ones.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/The-Psychopath-Test-A-Journey-Through-the-Madness-Industry/15180624

The Psychopath Test: A Journey Through the Madness Industry

"On the day I received Deborah's e-mail inviting me to the CostaCoffee I was in the midst of quite a bad anxiety attack. I had beeninterviewing a man named Dave McKay. He was the charismaticleader of a small Australian religious group called The JesusChristians and had recently suggested to his members that they eachdonate their spare kidney to a stranger. Dave and I had got on prettywell at first-he'd seemed engagingly eccentric and I wasconsequently gathering good material for my story, enjoyably nuttyquotes from him, etc.-but when I proposed that group pressure,emanating from Dave, was perhaps the reason why some of his morevulnerable members might be choosing to give up a kidney, heexploded. He sent me a message saying that to teach me a lesson hewas putting the brakes on an imminent kidney donation. He would letthe recipient die and her death would be on my conscience.I was horrified for the recipient and also quite pleased that Dave hadsent me such a mad message that would be good for my story. I told a journalist that Dave seemed quite psychopathic (I didn't know a thingabout psychopaths but I assumed that that was the sort of thing theymight do). The journalist printed the quote. A few days later Dave e-mailed me: "I consider it defamatory to state that I am a psychopath. Ihave sought legal advice. I have been told that I have a strong caseagainst you. Your malice toward me does not allow you to defame me."This was what I was massively panicking about on the dayDeborah's e-mail to me arrived in my in-box."

• cedars
    cedars

A VERY disturbing man. Seems quite calculated and savvy to boot. I bet he knows exactly what he's doing.

We should get this video out to as many JW relatives as possible, and see if they can make the connections. Mind you, the fact that he is a former JW would probably only serve to reinforce the Society's anti-apostate "drawing off followers after themselves" rhetoric, and make ordinary JWs even more terrified of apostate websites.

Cedars

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

The people that are following him must really have a big soul hole that needs to be filled. But I guess its makes sense that if Jesus is in Australia that Mary Magdelene would be there as well.

I think this guy has more in common with the real Jesus than many would allow themselves to believe.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit