An ex-Jehovah's Witness turns Cult Leader

by iamwhoiam 25 Replies latest jw friends

• iamwhoiam
    iamwhoiam

I can't believe I just now heard of this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ML2Oa4Oigvo

enjoy!

• wasblind
    wasblind

Thanks for the vid

classic case of bein' "unbalanced "

• Diest
    Diest

Yeah there was an old thread about this nut job.

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

Holy $4!7!!

Wow...

He took the GB's book on how to be a cult and followed it to the "T", even down to the "donations"....

I am going to send this video on to some of my friends still "in" to watch.

Wow. Just wow...

• designs
    designs

He missed the glory days of being an Elder.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

no..I"M JESUS! look at my avatar

• sizemik
    sizemik

He's actually a very savvy religious fraudster . . .

Can you really believe an ex-JW can suddenly wake up one day and realise he's Jesus?

All those years of being an accounts servant and banking all that dosh . . . he's just following the WTS template, obviously with enough charisma to pull it off.

I'd say his balance sheet and financial future are looking pretty rosey by now . . . and the worshipful audience is the icing on the cake . . . just like the GB.

• scotoma
    scotoma

The man definitely has charisma. He's charming. Attractive. I wouldn't compare it with the watchtower at all. Think of David Splane. Nothing charismatic about him. It would be like following a cone head. The Watchtower is a charisma killer. Charisma is a gift and can't be learned. Established religions exploit the Charisma of its founders. Russell probably was Charismatic. The real Jesus was probably charismatic.

This is a phenomenon that shows up in about 1% of the people. It can be used for constructive purposes. Some actors have the quality.

Here are some similar characters:

Carl Jung

Obama

Kennedy

Steve Jobs

Hugh Heffner

Tony Robbins

The women that follow them are searching for real live characters out of romance novels.

This is further proof that the great religious leaders can be crazy.

• TheClarinetist
    TheClarinetist

Those are literally the saddest people I've ever seen. They go around acting like someone died.

EDIT: WAIT A SECOND... DID THAT 10 YEAR OLD OR YOUNGER GIRL JUST ASK ABOUT SUICIDE?

• sizemik
    sizemik

It's interesting having an inside view of his evolution . . . and how people respond to a charismatic individual.

Throws up lot's of new questions as to the Jesus story. If he wasn't the son of God . . . he was just another cult leader.

I wouldn't compare it with the watchtower at all. . . . scotoma

You need to understand better what constitutes charismatic leadership . . . it doesn't always mean an individual.

The parallels with Watchtower as a cult phenomena are almost a mirror image.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit