If you are a vicim of child abuse by a JW molester, would you consider being interviewed?

by AndersonsInfo 16 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Refriedtruth
    Refriedtruth

Please send me an email through my website http://www.watchtowerdocuments.com/contact.html or PM me here at JWN.

And if you don't have a story to tell, please pass the word to anyone you think might be interested.

Thanks,

Barbara

--

You got it!

• Palimpsest
    Palimpsest

As a former professional journalist, I can tell you that there's no way whoever is doing this interview is abiding by any journalistic codes of ethics. Journalists must disclose who they're working for and what they plan to do with the interview. So I would urge anyone considering this to exercise caution. Even if they're not presenting themselves as journalists, the fact that Barbara's not even allowed to disclose who these people are -- not to mention that said people aren't posting here themselves -- should send up red flags for people. Never, ever give anyone an interview without knowing exactly who they are, who's backing them, and what they plan to do with your words.

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

BTTT

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

Palimpsest - Thank you for expressing your concerns. To put your mind at ease, please be assured that anyone replying to my request will be put in touch with the person doing the interview. He/she is a professional with credentials and will fully disclose what he/she is doing.

Actually, I would answer any and all questions on this board except that I don't think it's the business of all who read the board to know about someone else's projects before that person is ready to disclose all. Anyone who replies to my request doesn't even need to give me their name and yet I will fully answer all questions. I think that most people on this board would appreciate the situation as it is -- Why should we give the Watch Tower org. information about what is going on, yet to find an XJW abuse victim who is willing to go public is not exactly easy and that's why I used this board. People who know me on this board know that I'm very open with information if I'm privately contacted. And in this case, I'll explain the situation and if there is any interest to do an interview, I'll provide the contact information.

No one has prohibited me from disclosing any information. I just chose not to do so here on the board but will do so if I'm contacted. Maybe I'm wrong to assume this, but after all my personal experiences with the press and being in the public eye for the last ten years, and also being on this board since it's inception, most here understand that I have only good in mind for others and would never put anybody in a difficult position or in harms way. Please give me some credit for knowing how to go about exposing the Watch Tower legally and ethically. And I use this board to do just that! If any victim of child abuse reading my request doesn't know me or my reputation, it is understood that he/she should not reply.

On the other hand, Palimpsest, your warnings are sincerely appreciated. As you suggested, no one should "... ever give anyone an interview without knowing exactly who they are, who's backing them, and what they plan to do with your words."

Thank you,

Barbara

• flipper
    flipper

BTTT, another important thread

• life is to short
    life is to short

btt I agree with flipper another important thread. I just saw it so that is why I am bumping it.

LITS

• Bubblegum Apotheosis
    Bubblegum Apotheosis

The victims will have to relive this nightmare again Barbara, by talking to this person? Do you know how many times elders have made a victim repeat what took place, and describe every date, detail and violation? The suffering inflicted in the name of "procedure", the perpetrators were allowed to steamroll the emotional and unstable victims, until a brave elder would say "Enough!" This mock courtroom would continue as the brothers said "we will look for more evidence" only to call the victim and perp back into the same room! No credibile therapist would ever allow a victim and perp to be in the same room, while the perp tears the victim to pieces, defends his actions, only to gain sympathy votes on among the BOE. To anyone who experienced sexual abuse, go to the Police, do not tell the elders, do not tell the Society, Go to the Police, let the police talk to the Elders and Society first!

What is there was a brother who did not know how to handle these kinds of situations? What if he covered them up, down played the potential emotional affects, and was pulled out of the field after his blunders? If he kept his head down long enough, could he be fast tracked to the top, is this a posible theory?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit