Thanks and farewell...

by Alfred 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Alfred
    Alfred

Hello all….

A few months ago my wife expressed serious concerns about the time I had spent over the past couple of years reading old Watchtower literature (printed circa 1880 through the late 30’s) and the time spent on this site and several others. She is very grateful that I was very persistent in trying to convince her that this is just a mind-control cult run by clueless men who simply make things up as they go along. It wasn’t easy, but I’m thankful that I was able to wake her up thanks to many of you. But now she’s worried that I may have lost some balance in my life… Having meditated about this over the past several weeks, I believe she may be right.

That being said, whenever she brought up these concerns, I would always respond that if I were ever able to identify at least one person who was able to finally exit the WT because of something I shared with them, then I would consider all of my research time well spent. Recently, much to my surprise, I received an email from someone thanking me for helping him make the leap out of the WT. I won’t get into the details of this email… suffice to say it’s the greatest feeling to know that thousands of hours of research were not in vain.

Regarding my time on this board, as part of a compromise, I also promised my wife that I would sign off permanently from this board upon helping at least one person or reaching 1,000 posts (in no particular order). At that point, I agreed that I would simply turn the page and we would both continue with our lives without looking back. (didn’t know I would get to 1,000 posts so quickly though)

So now it’s time to keep my promise to my wife… But before permanently signing off, I must say that I have the utmost respect for everyone on this board, especially those who have literally started thousands of very informative threads on all sorts of subjects. Your persistence in getting the message out is admirable and has helped me and others immensely. I owe my life to several of you who have helped me wake up from the deep dormancy that has kept me captive within the confines of this corrupt organization. Thank you so much!

By the way, I’ve reached post #1,000 having no other JW-related books to read or anything else to post (that hasn’t already been posted on this board several times over). But I will continue to search for answers to many questions I still have by reading some non-JW related books... For example, I’ve found extremely interesting insight in a book I’ve recently downloaded on my Kindle called Soul Theft… How Religions seized control of humanity’s spiritual nature by Bill Missett. While I don’t subscribe to everything written in this book, I’m only halfway through it and it’s already answered about half of my pending questions… can’t wait to finish reading it… (I strongly recommend it)

In closing, I sincerely hope that many more JWs benefit from your knowledge, insight and your willingness to share. Hopefully, I will continue to find many more opportunities to help others develop critical thinking skills that will steer them clear of dangerous cults or high-control religious groups. When these opportunities come along, as I’m sure they will, I will definitely take full advantage of these.

Thanks again… I wish everyone the very best!

Your friend

Alfred

• Ding
    Ding

Thanks, Alfred.

Glad you were able to break free and help others too!

• cantleave
    cantleave

All the best Alfred

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Great happy ending!

• wasblind
    wasblind

Huggs to you ((((((( ALFRED )))))))

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

All the best,Alfred.

Bangalore

• cedars
    cedars

Hi Alfred

This news saddened me. I'm not sure it's the right decision, but it's your decision so I respect it completely.

You may be happy to know that I am currently using your research on the Finished Mystery to write that pamphlet we discussed. I'm sure that will help many others to see the real truth, even long after you stop posting on this forum.

Please come back eventually when things are easier for you. Until then, take care.

You will be missed!

Cedars

• La Falta Habitacion Por Sr Hor-Hey!!
    La Falta Habitacion Por Sr Hor-Hey!!

Hope the best for you, and thanks for the book recomendation.

• clarity
    clarity

Alfred & Mrs Alfred ... all the best to you both.

We will miss you Alf ... a lot!

Thank you for your efforts .... & as you leave may the beautiful words of darth frosty ring in your ears ..>

>

{ But once we overcome the dark cloud that WT teaching drapes over us, there is a beautiful world out there to explore. Yeah we may be getting a late jump on the real life, But at least we are not asleep in someone else dream." }

>

thanx darth

clarity

• MMXIV
    MMXIV

Alfred,

Always sad to hear a great contributor to JWN will post no longer. Always welcome to drop in from time to time for a few minutes to see what's new and let us know how you are doing.

Mod's - please note Alfred has sent in a letter to confirm he will be inactive - please send round "the boys" to interrogate him to see what he actually believes, to encourage him to return and more importantly try and categorise him as either sheeplike or brazen. If required establish a JC to ensure a humiliating and damaging farewell and so we know to shun him from future posts.

mmxiv

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit