Watchtower Letter

by JosephAlward 28 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• herbert
    herbert

As usual, J Alward has hit the nail somewhat to left-field of its head. He opines;

Thus, I think most Jehovah's Witnesses would understand that the publication of the articles was a form of theocratic warfare, and would heartily approve.
    Unfortunately he doesn't recognize that their letter to him is more of the same. Most JWs would laugh heartily at the idea that their worldly defender has been so easily duped into defending them. Most exJWs are simply amused that an inexperienced outsider like Joe thinks that he can set the record straight for us poor biased, dumb, exJWs. Incidentally, theorcatic war strategy is just another name for simple deception or lying and Alward's apparent gloryfying of it shows just how much he respects truth and objectivity.

What did Alward expect the WTS to write; "Dear Mighty Joe Alward, we lied to everyone else, but now that you, that valiant seeker after truth has written to use, we will tell you the plain unvarnished truth, and so we admit to our duplicity." ??? Is he so arrogant as to have expected such a response because of his evidently ingratiating letter?

Or would they resort to the same Theocratic War Strategy that they have employed all along? As usual, the letter from the WTS contains neither verifiable facts nor documentation and is therefore totally meaningless. It is a mere expression of the party line and a typical example of how the WTS refuses to address the issues honestly. So why did Joe bother publishing it? The only things that it demonstrates are that Joe is clueless and the WTS knows it. After all, a true scholar would have demanded evidence rather than, somewhat fawningly it seems, soliciting opinions that confirm his own bias. I'd love to watch Joe cross-exmine Slobodan Milosevic. In any event, that Joe has published the letter without noting that it contains no proof or actual evidence speaks much about his skills as an investigator.

It's also interesting that the WTS thanked Joe for apparently expressing his preconceived opinion that the WTS was innocent of any guilt. Hardly the approach taken by an unbiased person who's interested in getting to the bottom of a matter, now is it? Researcher bias is a very dangerous thing.

It's also very curious that a self-proclaimed skeptic of Christianity is such an ardent supporter of the WTS.

All in all Alward here shows himself not only to be incompetent as a researcher but a dishonest one to boot.

Herbert

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Hey Simon, Is there any chance Joseph is YoYo???? Hmmmmm

• Dutchy
    Dutchy

I'm sorry, but their letter is a "load of crap" and they are lying. They are absolutely not telling the truth and I know it. I live in New York City and I have been to the United Nations and have made inquiries as to how an organization obtains a library card. It is absolutely not necessary to join the UN as an NGO to obtain a library card. There are stipulations for getting the card, but joining the UN is not one of them. They society has credentials and they are a world wide corporation and they could have surely gotten a library card without becoming an NGO. Even if what they said was true they should have just turned their backs and walked out leaving the matter to Jehovah. It makes me sick to think that I used to be a part of this outrageous, hypocritical organization!

• herbert
    herbert

It's also interesting that the WTS letter claims that the Watchtower and Awake! contain "well-researched information." That's another example of Theo. War Strat. too - sure they do contain some well-researched information - just not on things that matter like blood transfusions, chronology, etc. Ask Carl Olof Jonsson how "well-researched" is their information on 1914, 607 and "this generation." Or ask John Durant or a score of other evolutionary scientists who have been misquoted by WT "researchers" to make them appear to say the exact opposite of what they said.

Go on Joe, write and ask Harry why they misquoted John Durant - was that done in an effort to be truthful. While you're at it, why not publish the letter that you sent to the WTS - will you do that, so that we can understand why the WTS went out of its way to thank you for your valiant efforts on their behalf.

Herbert

• Nowfree
    Nowfree

I don't believe that this letter is genuine - mainly because they address the person as "Mr".

Come on people- how many of us have sat in meeting listening to letters being read out from circuit overseers, bethel etc, and they ALWAYS start dear BROTHERS. Even letter addressed to individuals are initiated with BROTHER rather than MR.

Never, ever are people called Mr or Mrs, ALWAYS brother or sister.

This tells me this letter is not genuine.

Any thoughts?

Nowfree

• herbert
    herbert

nowandfree,

It's genuine. Alward probably identified himself as a non JW and so they referred to him as "Mr." Pretty standard stuff in letters to nonJWS.

Also, there' no way that Alward would fake such a letter.

Herbert

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey Nowfree,there are some on the board who can tell whether that letter is bogus or not.Hopefully one of them will stop by.As far as Alward the troll goes,that guy is bogus...OUTLAW

• sf
    sf

"What also surprises me is their total shamelessness at saying they were going to the “Satanic scarlet beast of revelation” for information—regardless of what information it was. For goodness sakes, they have been declaring that the UN is Satan’s own government here in earth for umpteen years, his main power base, and the epitome of all the evil world control—the Beast!
    How many of us when we were JWs could have communed with Satan, and then just said: “well I was only chatting with the prince of darkness for some ‘useful’ information, what’s the big deal?”

“Without spot from the world”, they are positively smeared with Satan’s stinking excrement!

"Yes, the fact that their glairing hypocrisy and adulterous relationship with the very organisation they condemned to most would be fully exposed. Plus the fact that tens, of not hundreds of thousands of their rank and file JWs would leave. I have sent many tactful letters in other names at times from differing addresses on many subjects, and all that happens is they will only answer the easy stuff, once you get to the real meat, they just ignore all correspondence—in their eyes a ‘Solution’—ignore the problem and in time everyone will forget—well they hope so!"

I say:

Oh yeaaaaa, now, finally, we get to the CRUX.

Bravo Nemesis! This is what I proclaim, yes, proclaim in the JW yahoo chatrooms and in my mails to certain sources. This is what NEEDS to be FOCUSed on:

Why are/ were they ANYWHERE NEAR THE UNITED NATIONS BUILDING/LIBRAY IN THE FIRST PLACE?

According to "Their" utterances and depictions (thx again TALLYMAN for plastering them up on the net for THE NATIONS TO WITNESS) wouldn't it STAND TO REASON that even being near the building, let alone signing up for library access, would repulse them and jehovah, "Their" "Almighty Watchtower God"?

Don't you just want to puke CROOKLYN BOYS by the very sight of the U.N. building, you hypocrites? Of course not. You love sucking the tits of that "SCARLET RED COLORED BEAST", in which You defined long ago. Why did You "pull out" prematurely? Your sour "ejaculation" might "stain" your effin' pants? Here, let me be of service to You (stuffs the little "dick" back up CROOKLYNS A**) Better?

Thank you for tapping this Nem. Do you, uh, yahoo?

HERBERT said:

"While you're at it, why not publish the letter that you sent to the WTS - will you do that, so that we can understand why the WTS went out of its way to thank you for your valiant efforts on their behalf."

I would like to view this letter too.

sKally, "wt-urls" in yahoo

If man was supposedly created in gods image, then.....holy krap...we're all doomed.-sKallyWagger

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

As requested, here is the information about their frequency in using the library:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=21725&site=3#271266

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit