Watchtower Letter

by JosephAlward 28 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• detective
    detective

Well, that just clears it up for me. Repeatedly put in print that X is the enemy of your cause. Repeatedly put in print that X is the "disgusting thing" that will turn people away from your cause, persecute countless people affiliated with your cause and will attempt to prevent others from joining your cause.

Then go to X, solicit a cooperative relationship with your enemy and agree to promote your enemy.

Why? Oh, because they've got a lot of books!

Does it matter that you can have access to books without jeopardizing your morals? No. Does it matter that you just sought out the help of X, who you believe will later abuse members of your cause? No. Do you tell members of your cause that you just initiated a cooperative relationship with the groups nemesis? No.

It makes perfect sense. when dealing with people I don't trust, I always haphazardly go into situations and not check facts.

I guess they just weren't being cautious as serpents?

I guess God's chosen people weren't chosen because they're very thorough, eh?

• anewperson
    anewperson

The 1998 Awake (Nov I think) puts the lie to their not knowing they had more than a library research relationship with the UN. Also the UN has a website which lists that Awake as supportive of the UN. They can't get out of this one.

• JosephAlward
    JosephAlward
    The 1998 Awake (Nov I think) puts the lie to their not knowing they had more than a library research relationship with the UN. Also the UN has a website which lists that Awake as supportive of the UN. They can't get out of this one.

They've already gotten out of it, I think. If this forum--which seems to be an organization more active in its opposition to the Watchtower than any other in the world--garners only a few posts a week which are critical of the NGO affair, then how few must be the complaints voiced by those who are forbidden to expose themselves to any criticism of the organization, and thus are largely unaware of the controversy?

On the matter of the Awake! articles, there's no doubt that those who are unfamiliar with the Watchtower's aims will view them as favorable and as evidence that the Watchtower seemed to support the goals of the United Nations. However, if one looks carefully, especially at the end of the articles, one finds a clear message: world government is failing to bring peace to the world, and solve the problems of poverty, economic hardship, and other social problems. Mankind must turn to Jehovah and his true channel of communication on earth if there is to be any hope for a cure for the world's problems. This subtle message was received quite clearly by Jehovah's Witnesses, I suspect, many of whom used the articles as proselytizing tools. Thus, I think most Jehovah's Witnesses would understand that the publication of the articles was a form of theocratic warfare, and would heartily approve.

Joseph F. Alward
    "Skeptical Views of Christianity and the Bible"

* http://members.aol.com/jalw/joseph_alward.html

• Adonai438
    Adonai438

C"hristian Congregation" my foot. I guess they needed a more nuetral, less scary name to call themselves. Where did the Watchtower BTS go? That's usually the letterhead I've recieved.
    Yes, they are weasels that got caught....again....
    They always think they can hide their political compromises but it never works.

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

If any elder had such non-neutral dealings with a political body, even inadvertantly and it became known and a cause for stumbling in the congregation, he would lose his "privileges" and possibly be publically reproved.

However innocent this association was, it clearly was wrong as indicated by their own withdrawal from DPI. Such a mistake was purely carelessness and stupidity. Just as the rank and file are routinely "disciplined" even if they are repentant and have made a mistake, the same principles must apply at the top and even more so.

Path

• ianao
    ianao

Hmmm... I wonder how far a MS would get by joining the YMCA for the sake of 'going where the need is greater'...

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey Alward,nice try.If you were`nt talking to real dubs you might be convincing.You and yadirf could be twins..LOL.By the way its Cygnus`s birthday....LOL...OUTLAW

• Nemesis
    Nemesis

What also surprises me is their total shamelessness at saying they were going to the “Satanic scarlet beast of revelation” for information—regardless of what information it was. For goodness sakes, they have been declaring that the UN is Satan’s own government here in earth for umpteen years, his main power base, and the epitome of all the evil world control—the Beast!

How many of us when we were JWs could have communed with Satan, and then just said: “well I was only chatting with the prince of darkness for some ‘useful’ information, what’s the big deal?”

“Without spot from the world”, they are positively smeared with Satan’s stinking excrement!

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

Hi, Joseph

Registration papers filed with the United Nations at that time contained no statements that conflicted with our Christian beliefs.
    I suggest writing back and asking for copies of the original registration papers in order to verify the veracity of this claim. In addition I suggest asking for all other correspondence between the WTS and the United Nations Department of Public Information. These additional documents should support the veracity of the initial claim, assuming it is true.

However, when it was recently brought to our attention what was expected of an NGO registered with DPI, we withdrew our registration so as to remove any implication that our being recognized by the United Nations as an NGO goes beyond our original purpose or that Jehovah’s Witnesses are involved in activities that are inconsistent with our own teachings.
    “Recently brought to our attention” implies that over the ten (10!) year period of registered status there were no document swaps between the WTS and the UN drawing attention to what was expected of NGOs that might conflict with WTS teachings. Again, there is an easy way to demonstrate the veracity of the implication—ask for copies.

Can anyone think of a good reason the WTS would resist providing these documents on request?

• Nemesis
    Nemesis

Marvin:

Can anyone think of a good reason the WTS would resist providing these documents on request?

Yes, the fact that their glairing hypocrisy and adulterous relationship with the very organisation they condemned to most would be fully exposed. Plus the fact that tens, of not hundreds of thousands of their rank and file JWs would leave. I have sent many tactful letters in other names at times from differing addresses on many subjects, and all that happens is they will only answer the easy stuff, once you get to the real meat, they just ignore all correspondence—in their eyes a ‘Solution’—ignore the problem and in time everyone will forget—well they hope so!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit