R&F Rumblings

by biometrics 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

I just heard that one of the most devout JWs I knew, has been df'd, along with his wife. Because of unusual circumstances, I will be seeing them this weekend. He was a very bright guy and I'm wondering whether he somehow saw the light?

Normally, I avoid discussing beliefs with those I knew as a childhood slave of the Watchtower. But this time, i intend to discuss beliefs with him. It will be interesting . . .

• biometrics
    biometrics
    and why is he not df'd?

It's a long story. He has been df'd (twice). I actually encouraged him to come back to 'the truth' the first time. He also brought his wife into 'the truth'. I don't think anyone in our family ever shunned him, I know I didn't.

• biometrics
    biometrics
    He also said he's tried to have his baptism annulled,
    why??

Because he was pushed into it at age 12.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I would think that anyone who openly stated they wanted their baptism annulled, would be a target for the df'd door

• biometrics
    biometrics
    I would think that anyone who openly stated they wanted their baptism annulled, would be a target for the df'd door

He's moved congregations four times in five years, so they may have lost track.

• FaithfulBrother
    FaithfulBrother

Wow 12 years old??? I don't understand why in most states anyone who has sex with someone who is under 18 can be convicted of rape of a child, but a corpration who baptized children under 12 can disfellowship them and cut off all social contact and condemn them to eternal distruction.

• Kool Jo
    Kool Jo

@biometrics: there are actually quite a few who are "in" just because of family...unfortunate, but true...so much guilt to live with if you abdondon the "truth" while your family is still in...besides, the negativity associated with leaving...they're going to think you did something wrong why you physically left...

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I was THE best meeting attender all the time I was going, I was never ill, did not take a holiday most years, I was always there. All my family are staunch JW's.

In the end, it all got too much to stomach, and I walked away, fearful of the repercussions, but I went anyway.

So, maybe, one day soon your brother will find the strength to walk, it does take strength, but he will find it.

• irondork
    irondork

FaithfulBrother: a corpration who baptized children under 12 can disfellowship them and cut off all social contact and condemn them to eternal distruction... AND HAVE SEX WITH THEM.

The Watchtower society offers the whole package deal.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

biometrics: he's tried to have his baptism annulled, but the elders won't let him.

Wow, that's huge. You're brother just told you where his really is. Now all he has to realize is that the elders don't have any real, legitimate authority. They only have the pretend kind that only works when we give it to them. Sadly, if he acts on this realization, it will affect the relationships he has with those "under the spell" of the Witchtower Libel & Crap Society.

Glander: Being held hostage to the Watchtower Society because of family ties is really the only way they have to keep people in the "Truth" after 100 yrs of inconsistencies and outright lies.

Not THAT is the real Truth: It's a hostage situation!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit