R&F Rumblings

by biometrics 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• biometrics
    biometrics

So I had a good conversation wth my brother, who I thought was a devout JW. He eventually asked "Are you going to the meetings?", I said "No" then he said "Why not, you know we're near the end". I said "I've got a few doubts, that's all". That started a deep conversation about various JW doctrine. He confided in me that he also has doubts, and he personally knows of at least 5 other rank and file JWs who have the same doubts about 1914.

He said he's still going to meetings & FS because of mum, and his wife and kids expect him to.

I never expected this conversation from someone who never misses a meeting.

He also said he's tried to have his baptism annulled, but the elders won't let him.

How many other JWs are in this situation?

• Glander
    Glander

Being held hostage to the Watchtower Society because of family ties is really the only way they have to keep people in the "Truth" after 100 yrs of inconsistencies and outright lies.

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

So weird how he was trying to get you to go back, but he is only going because of his family....

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Several in my family are physically present but mentally absent at the meetings.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

ah yes, the life of an emotional hostage

• biometrics
    biometrics
    So weird how he was trying to get you to go back, but he is only going because of his family....

Reading between the lines, I think he was testing to see if it was safe to talk about the Organisation with me. You know how it is when you're 'in'?

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

yea and he was probably hoping for company, along with his misery

• Gayle
    Gayle

He also said he's tried to have his baptism annulled,

why??

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

and why is he not df'd?

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

Wow, he wants to get his baptism annulled? That is big! He has more than just a few doubts. Biometrics, I hope you can help your brother get out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit