Sister Who died Refusing Blood

by silentlambs 21 Replies latest jw friends

• DanielHaase
    DanielHaase

To J.R. Brown: Knaw on my prostate, bitch!

• Derrick
    Derrick

Hi Silentlambs, this is truly a tragedy but she did what she believed in her heart was right. In my late teens as a JW, I signed a form in the emergency room of a Catholic hospital I had been taken to by ambulance after I was struck by a car in the crosswalk of a major intersection. Why did I sign that form?

Because at the time I sincerely believed the Watchtower Society's interpretation of Acts and other scriptures on blood -- and thus believed this is what Jehovah wanted and a "test" from God of my love and integrity for Him -- I signed the form without hesitation. I knew without a shadow of doubt that when I awakened from the "big sleep" of death that I would find myself in a fully restored paradise earth, reunited with everyone I have ever loved.

Would I sign it knowing what I do now? No. Jehovah has revealed the error in the Watchtower's Biblical interpretations about the necessity to abstain from blood. I have come to know that blood is symbolic of life, and thus, denying a dying person blood is -- perhaps unwittingly -- showing disregard for what blood represents: LIFE.

Would I sign it not knowing what I do know, if I had it to do all over again? Yes. The will of God is paramount to all other considerations in life. Contrary to those who take life for granted and are ingrateful to God, I'm coming to know Him more and more each day.

Like the scripture says, God is love, and I'm thankful that Jehovah is revealing the truth about His views on blood to the Watchtower Society through outside channels (as evidenced by sites dedicated to the truth such as Lee Elder's http://www.ajwrb.org/ and other excellent sites run by JW reformists).

Derrick

To see a World in a Grain of Sand
    And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
    Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
    And Eternity in an hour.

-- William Blake (Auguries of Innocence)

• gumby
    gumby

"Jehovah is revealing the truth about His views on blood to the Watchtower "

If you feel Jehovah is the one revealing it to them.....what is his purpose for doing so?

Do you think they will reform on this? Have they reformed on other things they know are false such as 1914, 607 and other things they KNOW are false?

Why would he wait this long to reform murder?
    I don't mean to rag on you for this, but really disagree on God working this way with them.

They will never apologize to all the deaths if they did reform. They didn't do it with vaccinations nor organ transplants.....why would they start now.

• silentlambs
    silentlambs

I was able to visit with the family of the sister who passed away. While there was much to this story that will be revealed in due time, my concern was to find if child abuse has also become an issue in this matter. It appears the answer is not known as of yet, but I was able to help the family know of the sl website and how to use its resources and helping to make that determination. I was assured if anything specific did present itself that sl would be notified.

I am sure there will be many discussions as to what should have occurred and how things happened. There are many details that will have to be worked out. It is interesting to note the sister did take blood at her unbelieving husband's authorization. It appears he was not contacted till matters had went to far wrong for her life to be saved. I hope that her children were not molested as they already have enough to deal with in the loss of their mother.

• mommy
    mommy

Amazing! How sad for her kids to be without a mom now I guess my question would be from a medical standpoint is, Who was marked as her emergency contact? In most cases it is your nearest relative or spouse, even if a POA is in anothers name. If her hubby was listed then there was no reason the hospital could not have called him sooner.

So glad the "sister" was on her toes and thought to call the elders first (vomiting on that) I don't even want to think what a wonderful experience this will make for an assembly part, rallying the troops. Sickening!
    wendy

• Beans
    Beans

Brother Hall:

I would suggest you refrain from posting on Blood issues!Wouldn`t it be great if the Doctor told you your son needed blood or else he would die and your response was no I`d rater he died!Your a sick Fuck!

Beans

• Beans
    Beans

But I still love you!

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

IMO three things stand out in this instance.

1. Sometimes a blood transfusion can save your life and the risks in accepting one are less than refusing one.

2. A mature patient should have the right to refuse blood or any other medical treatment for concientious reasons.

3. The WTS should be upfront with Witnesses with regard to their own awareness that their policy is flawed and their uncertainty as to what their policy will evolve into in the future. The WTS should be upfront with the public by admitting that the consciences of their members are strongly influenced and enforced by the threat of shunning. Witnesses are making a stand based on ignorance and are lacking information to make an informed choice.

Path

• Beans
    Beans

Path:
    You know I asked my sister some questions on blood and she said that JW`s had the choice but I ask this "If you do accept one would you be disfellowshipped"? Damn Right you would!What a crock.

Beans

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

J Beans - Don't be an asshole.

Farkel - Blood Transfusions or no Blood Transfusions; Food or no Food, but you are still taking a risk.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit