Blantant coitridiction in todays wt

by elderelite 23 Replies latest jw friends

• elderelite
    elderelite

This isnt news worthy of course, but i thought i would point it out anyway... Apologies to blondie, i dont see the normal wt thread yet...

Para 2 states that "the other sheep should never forget their salvation depends on their active support of christs anointed "brothers" [GB] still on earth"

Para 13 says "he [peter] pointed out that their hope is not founded on their works, but on [the deserts gods] undeserved kindness"

Both sides of the mouth, in less than 10 paragraphs apart.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

I am so shocked that I think I just had a heart attack.

I do feel bad that you still have to drag yourself along to that crap.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

You measly humans don't deserve any kindness. But I'll be kind to you and give you a hope. Of course, there is a catch. You gotta support the GB. And I'm not talking about moral support. You need to actively support them, *eye wink* if you know that I mean. Then you might earn a shot at salvation. But don't worry it won't be those works that will get you saved. You wouldn't have a shot in the first place if it hasn't been for me offering you one. So really, its that kindness you carbon scum don't deserve that gets you saved.

• cheerios
  • wha happened?
    wha happened?

"the other sheep should never forget their salvation depends on their active support of christs anointed "brothers" [GB] still on earth"

"We thus have no way of knowing the exact number of anointed ones on earth; nor do we need to know. The Governing Body does not keep a list of all partakers, for it does not maintain a global network of anointed ones."

BTW if u type in faithful and decreete slave in Wikipedia, you get some interesting results

• designs
    designs

Make that check out to David Sp.. er Watchtower.

• cheerios
    cheerios

WH: faithful and discrete slave isnt defined yet in Urbandictionary.com ... maybe we should help them out :D

• Magi
    Magi

Lol, leolaia. That one always got to me too. Jehovah MAY give you everlasting life. Isn't he so loving?

• elderelite
    elderelite

Good thoughts all (except freeze :-P) Nice referance wha happened! I didnt even think of that one ;-)

• La Falta Habitacion Por Sr Hor-Hey!!
    La Falta Habitacion Por Sr Hor-Hey!!

I posted on this before EE, but it is a heluva contradiction!! I wonder how many people caught it today, or even considered it a contradiction for that matter?

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/220220/1/Other-sheep-should-never-forget-that-their-salvation-depends-on-their-active-support-of-Christs-anointed-brothers-yet-their-hope-is-not-founded-on-their-works-but-on-Jehovahs-underserved-kindness

I studied my WT yesterday, and even during the public talk my thoughts were on this contradiction like, "how can they not see it?" I mean, when you have a hope which is in harmony with faith, then you expect it to come true and that's more in line with undeserved kindness or Grace. When works are involved, calling it a hope with the need for faith is more of a stipulation than it is undeserved kindness. There's a tremendous difference there, and I don't know if there were multiple writers involved with this lesson before it got the thumbs up for printing, or maybe we've got some allies in the Writing Department who are actively undermining the powers that be in Walkhill/Warwick?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit