What did you give up that you wish you hadn't?

by VioletAnai 24 Replies latest jw friends

• butalbee
    butalbee

Temporarily gave up my sanity, thankfully I think I found it again!

• Smoldering Wick
    Smoldering Wick

Gave up as a JW

Art Scholarship
    College
    Friends
    Dating
    Dances
    Football Games
    Holidays
    Independence/Free will
    Dreams
    Writing
    Career in Advertising
    Self Confidence

Gave up leaving JWs

Faith
    Beliefs
    Friends
    Praise
    Purpose
    Teaching others
    Sense of belonging
    Way of Life
    Self Confidence

(sorry...I'm feeling down right now, looks like I've spent my life giving up myself)

• Smurfagain
    Smurfagain

I gave up my eldest son. This is something still troubles me. I also throw away a snake, a puffed up snake. He really looked as alive, a nice snake very beautiful, a big one. The reason I got rid of the snake was that I believed that it was daemon possessed.
    /Smurf

• TheStar
    TheStar

Like Bodhistava, I mostly regret that I gave up my career, that I am now trying to get back into but in the entertainment biz, it's difficult for old folks, so I'm not sure if it is too late for me now.

I also gave up the love of my life because he was "worldly".

And while at the time (because the borg taught me I was doing the right thing) I didn't care, thinking about it now, I also wish I hadn't given up the special times with my "wordly" family such as the holidays. Especially after my dad died, those times without me must have been really sad for my mother. I feel so bad, that I put my family through that.

• mouthy
    mouthy

I gave up friends( worldly)
    I threw out a gold cross a friend had given me( demonized)
    I threw out wooden Hand carved "Indian Goddesses "( worth a lot today)
    Threw away a desk( it had come from a church-& because we moved into a basement that was damp- it use to "knock" as it expanded-the Bros? told me it was demonized( it was an antique)
    Threw out a brand new set of dishes- that had churches on them- my daughter got them for a wedding preasant)
    All my Christmas decorations.
    DAH!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit