What did you give up that you wish you hadn't?

by VioletAnai 24 Replies latest jw friends

• VioletAnai
    VioletAnai

When I started studying again, I got the guilts and threw out lots of stuff. Over 200 cd's - goth, punk, industrial, rock, pop, classical, you name it, I threw it. I got rid of my witchcraft books, astrology books, Crystal ball, Tarot cards, even my damn nintendo. I kinda feel like a fool now, half of the stuff was fine!!!!!! I just got too hasty and felt that anything that distracts me from the truth has gotta go.

Now I wish I hadn't thrown out my 64, my cd's, even my windchimes.

I know of a sister who used to be catholic and her rosary ment everything to her, it was a gift from a treasured nun, she tossed it the moment she started studying and now she whines on about how lovely it was, expensive, crystal, ra ra bloody ra.

Anyone else have any regrets?

You've been a BAD boy, go to MY room

• Kep
    Kep

I gave up playing in my band.
    We were quite talented for a bunch of schoolies.
    While in the borg I hooked up with some other muso's and we played all over the region. Probably 15 to 20 different towns.
    While I enjoyed it, we got used majorly. We would only be invited to functions if we played. I hated that.
    So now, I am very wary of who I play my guitar around as I know they will want me to go to a party... and bring your guitar!!
    Giving up playing to a live audience, then a drunk live audience was so good.

• Stealth
    Stealth

Oral sex!

• DanielHaase
    DanielHaase

I remember as a teen giving up my entire Black Sabbath, Frank Zappa, Metallica, Megadeth, Ramones (to name a few)collection because my "conscience" was bothering me. Damn I was an idiot.

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

LOL@Stealth

I never missed anything because I wasn't a worldly long enough...only had a couple of years in the world during my youth....but they don't count because I was so messed up and lonely that I didn't OHHHH hang on...oh yeah...I missed smoking pot when I came back into the truth. I forgot that one!

Beck

• LDH
    LDH

I never had anything to give up, per se. Being 'born' in the 'trooth' and all that. Everything that came in the house had to have permission for---super 'spiritual' JW family and all that.

I wasn't even allowed to have an AM radio until I was 17. [8>]

So, for me the question would be, "What have you gained now that you are out?"

Lisa

• VioletAnai
    VioletAnai

Beck,

I couldn't give up the green now if I tried.

Daniel,

Well, how could you part with the Ramones...I couldn't even bring myself to do that!!! Slap!

You've been a BAD boy, go to MY room

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

I had, in my hands, the John and Yoko “Two Virgins” album. This album featured them both nude on the cover. The Elders got wind of it, out it went in the trash! DO you know how much that album is worth today......

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

VioletAnai

How on earth do you get away it?? Getting high and still being a sort of witness?? Do you only smoke in the bathroom and let the ceiling fan take out the fumes?? Or do u only smoke sitting on the ledge of your windowsill? You crack me up...I imagine you get all 'out of it' ...get the munchies...and then u say a quick prayer and then go to sleep...lol. Oh no that's not you...that was me..sorry lol.

Beck

• termite 35
    termite 35

FUN.
    And a social life;for a while.... I was 'allowed' to take others' children out but was VERY rarly invited anywhere or to anything... was i bad association or not?I can't work it out...Used to get upset about it; then decided not to stay out of touch with my 'wordly' friends as they 'advised'. So that means now i'm 'out' i've got no adjusting to do socially,and much more time to get pissed!!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit