23 scientists misquoted by the ever so deceitful Watchtower society

by Reality79 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mP
    mP

Bare with me, its been a long time since i was at a meeting, but i recall in the creation book, they quoted very few scientiss for a scientific book, but seem to always quote the same ones. Given their creative quoting techniques, why do they limit themselves to just a few when they can apply the same to well anyone.

• cantleave
    cantleave

The old Evolution book constantly referred to Francis Hitching and his book "The Neck of the Giraffe". This guy is no scirntist and is in actual a Diviner and Spiritist.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Oh and also a liar he implied in the "Acknowledgements" of The Neck of the Giraffe that paleontologist Stephen Jay Gould had helped in the writing of the book, but upon inquiry Gould said he did not know him and had no information about him.

• Scully
    Scully

For all the emphasis that the WTS places on reading the bible "in context" in order to make a correct interpretation, I was shocked when I first realized that their references to scientific works were blatant mis-quotes and quotes taken out of context.

My take on it, now that I'm no longer a jw, is that it is a deliberate countermeasure on the minds of jws, to keep them from exploring scholarly writings from other sources. The idea that the WTS is Spirit Directed™ and is stringent in its 'read the bible in context' motto prevents the average jw from even considering that such flagrant academic dishonesty is a possibility with the WTS.

• sir82
    sir82
    You know, I think they actually get their info from other I.D. sources. I read something once that mimicked trash written in non JW I.D. literature. I really don't think they bother to mine those quotes themselves. The work was already done for them. It would require them to do some heavy reading of material they don't understand to find those gems.

That's got to be it.

So in addition to my earlier comment, about them being either evil, or stupid, we need to add a 3rd choice: They are lazy as fluck, and just do "book reports" on what other ID writers come up with.

I'd say it's about 50% lazy, 40% stupid, and 10% evil.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit