Im going to vote!!!

by Dudu 10 Replies latest jw experiences

• Dudu
    Dudu

Yes, this month is the presidential election in my country and im going to exercise my right of voting .......... what im not sure about is if i let mom know, she is still a JW and im basically fading so, i dont want to mess it up, but at the same time i feel that i shoul be free for once and all. I dont live with her anymore but that would break her heart, and she has high blood pressure problems so, why to bother? I dont know :S

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

How would she know?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Voting is a personal thing. You don't have to tell anyone you voted or who you voted for. It's none of their business.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Yep, no one needs to know. Just go and do it.

And congrats on making the decision to vote!

• finally awake
    finally awake

I registered to vote for the first time this year. Elections aren't until November, but I'm looking forward to it.

• tiki
    tiki

i felt so good the first time i voted...i felt like i was part of humanity at last!

• designs
    designs

one of the big steps we take post JW life.

• losthobbit
    losthobbit

I used to live in South Africa, so I felt a lot of pressure to vote against the political parties that wanted to kill the other races.

Now I live in the UK and just kind of figure that my one in a million chance of my vote making a difference plus the fact that I don't know the difference between the political parties makes me not bother... but that's just me.

If voting makes you feel good, then do it :)

• neverscreamagain
    neverscreamagain

I am also going to vote for the very first time this year. Feel it is important.

• Blind_Of_Lies
    Blind_Of_Lies

My wife and I registered and voted for the first time here in the USA last November. It felt like we were finally part of something real, it was nice to have some control or at the very least have some sort of say in the laws and representation that gets handed down to us. That was a sobering moment compared to the way everything is forced on us by the WTBTS.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit