I have come to the conclusion that Christians are just apathetic Islamist extremists

by sinis 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sinis
    sinis

...because for the vast majority of Christians, if Bible mandates such as stoning, etc. were LEGAL, they would be doing it in a heart beat. Flame me away, if you like, but I am not a Christian, or even religious. Spiritual, perhaps, religious, no way...

• tec
    tec

Not if they were following Christ, they wouldn't be.

Peace,

tammy

• sinis
    sinis

...well, I speak of many fundi groups. Look at the witnesses as an example, it has been often quoted by their leaders that if such things were legal they would be done. However, with that said I believe Christians are STILL under the Law, as Jesus said he came to fulfill the law but NOT to destroy it... so the Law remains in place.

• tootired2care
    tootired2care
    I believe Christians are STILL under the Law, as Jesus said he came to fulfill the law but NOT to destroy it... so the Law remains in place

sinus - read up on the subject more, this is total BS.

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

sinus - These scriptures show that Christians aren't bound by the same laws. Now if you were to assert why god allowed these barbaric laws in the first place then we could probably find agreement there.

Romans 10:4

For Christ is the end of the Law, so that everyone exercising faith may have righteousness

Galatians 3:19-25; 4:4, 5;

Why, then, the Law? It was added to make transgressions manifest, until the seed should arrive to whom the promise had been made; and it was transmitted through angels by the hand of a mediator. 20 Now there is no mediator where only one person is concerned, but God is only one. 21 Is the Law, therefore, against the promises of God? May that never happen! For if a law had been given that was able to give life, righteousness would actually have been by means of law. 22 But the Scripture delivered up all things together to the custody of sin, that the promise resulting from faith toward Jesus Christ might be given to those exercising faith.
    23 However, before the faith arrived, we were being guarded under law, being delivered up together into custody, looking to the faith that was destined to be revealed. 24 Consequently the Law has become our tutor leading to Christ, that we might be declared righteous due to faith. 25 But now that the faith has arrived, we are no longer under a tutor.

• sinis
    sinis

^^^ If you refer to the Pauline diatribe, than you are correct. However, Pauline books are 180 degrees out from the Gospels... Paul was a Roman officer used to take Christianity from Gnostic roots to a more structured, controllable, Pauline modern Christanity. Its not BS, and I have read up on the subject. If you take the Gospels ONLY, you realize that Jesus DID NOT remove the law. Why anyone gives credence to the remainder of the Pauline texts (who by the way is the author of the vast majority of NT texts...hmmm) is beyond me...

• sinis
    sinis

Once again you're quoting PAULINE texts. Funny how Jesus needed Paul to explain what he really meant. Sort of like the JW's need the Faithful and Discreet Slave to explain what God and the Bible really mean...

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

You've got me there

• sinis
    sinis

LEXINGTON, Va. (AP) - The head of the history department at Virginia Military Institute suggests that the Apostle Paul may have been spying for the Romans.

Rose Mary Sheldon, the co-author of "Operation Messiah: St. Paul, Roman Intelligence and the Birth of Christianity," presented her thesis last week at the International Spy Museum in Washington.

She suggests that Paul may have faked his conversion on the road to Damascus so he could infiltrate Christian congregations and report to Rome on suspicious elements in synagogues across the empire.

Sheldon says Paul's interaction with Roman officials seems to have been remarkably friendly, and she notes that in his letter to the Romans, he urges Christians to obey them.

(Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have read tons of documents that lend credence to this. Has anyone ever stopped to think about what Paul actually talks about and what the Gospels preach? The Gospels are gnostic in nature, the Pauline texts are more a letter of the law, obey, etc. Why did the 12 appointed by the christ himself not forge the remainder of the texts? Why is it we read of Paul on the road to Damascus finding the Christ and being appointed??????

• designs
    designs

Christians get a new pony and a coool sword at the GT.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit