Mexico merger - WT AUG 15, 2012

by St George of England 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• St George of England
    St George of England

In the latest 'study' version of the WT (Aug 15, 2012) there is a report on the AGM last year.

"Balsatar Perla interviewed three fellow members of the Mexico Bethel family regarding the merger of six Central American branch offices with the Mexico branch. Because of this merger, the Bethel family in Mexico has become more multicultural and international. The influx of fellow believers from different lands has resulted in an interchange of encouragement. It is as if God took a huge eraser and eliminated national borders."

And we just thought it due to economics!

They have also provided a 'secure e-mail connection' to each congregation in these countries.

They also try to justify the Warwick move that will take at least four years to build. Really near the end.

George

• sd-7
    sd-7

I wonder how many mergers were discussed in the Bible?

In an unrelated matter, I wonder how many mergers were discussed in the Wall Street Journal today?

--sd-7

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Yes the end is near, except in building a real estate empire

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

One thing to note. People from different Latin countries don't get along. I had it in my business as I employed quite a few brothers, mostly from the Spanish cong. I've had a few fist fights between them and they usually segregated themselves. Salvadoreans in one corner, Mexicans in another.

• wasblind
    wasblind

You don't have time to finish four years of college, but real estate plans of the WTS are longer than that

don't make sense at all

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

good point

• baltar447
    baltar447

I just checked koolaid.org (jw.org) and they don't have Aug 15th listed...?

• hoser
    hoser

they post the new WT on thursday morning, which in the UK it is I believe? it is still wednesday evening in North America

• designs
    designs

Mergers and Acquisitions are a big part of Romney's plan for America, who took a page out of whose book, Bain Capital v Watchtower

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

"merger of six Central American branch offices with the Mexico branch"

The use of the term "merger" doesn't exactly seem correct. If WidgetMart had seven stores, you wouldn't say that they had a "merger of six stores into the seventh WidgetMart". Nope, they closed six stores and reduced personnel to some 'lucky' survivors.

Sounds like they're trying to put a positive spin on the reality that they closed 6 branches and reduced WT reimbursed personnel.

Hail the theocracy's decrease!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit