Are JW's dfing those who buy holiday items now?

by AK - Jeff 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

''its apostasy. so a JC would happen. anything related with "false religion" they would call it that''

unless of course you are co-hosting a persecution conference with the muslims at the OSCE...

Oz

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

There is a way hounders can disfellowship you for this. It's called "brazen conduct".

Suppose some pious-sneers complain to the hounders about seeing you buying candy canes. (Or other holiday items.) They make a stink about it, and Brother Hounder counsels you about it (usually in private but may hint at it in a Local Needs talk). So someone buys a similar item, and the hounders get them for "brazen conduct". This means that someone in another congregation may get away with buying candy canes, but not in yours.

• Cinciguy74
    Cinciguy74

I am always amazed that my wife is very adamant against me going to my family's home on Thanksgiving, but doesnt seem to see the irony that we all go to her mother's house where she cooks turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, etc.

Her response "But THEY are celebrating Thanksgiving!" And what are WE doing exactly??

• sinis
    sinis

I would remind the JC of the following:

Colossians 2:16

New International Version (©1984)
    Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit