I'm looking forward to the responses

by wolfman85 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• elderelite
    elderelite

I find no talk of earthly life whatsoever in the NT. thus i pin my hopes on valhalla. Its as sure as anything else ......

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

Most Christians believe they will go to heaven because that what they were taught...Today's the majority of JWs believe that they will live in a paradise on earth because that what they were taught...but now that the heavenly call had never officially ended in 1935 and that the number of partaker is steadily increasing, who's to say what they believe!

• cedars
    cedars

elderelite - if you keep banging on about worshipping Thor in EVERY thread, I'm gonna have to put the smack down hammer-style with a photoshopped Thor facepalm.

Don't make me do it!!!

Cedars

• elderelite
    elderelite

Thor wants you to it cedars..... He WANTS you too :-D

• sinedie
    sinedie

NVR2L8 - I agree

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Wolfman, I'd say the best answer anyone can give is this: we don't know. But we can trust in God.

Aside from that, I'm with elderelite all the way. Since we don't know for certain, we can say that Thor is approachable, undemanding, on the side of his followers, and has a place reserved for all brave and true folk in Valhalla!

Sounds OK!

Oh, and Wolfman...I love your icon. The Snowy Owl's one of my favourite birds!

• cedars
    cedars

Damn you and your irresistable challenges elderelite!

This is all I have so far....

thor facepalm

Cedars

• wolfman85
    wolfman85

Thank you all for your responses. I must confess that since I read the Bible without preconceived ideas of the WT I feel that the call for Christians is Heaven, not only to 144,000.

I also recognize that after all it is God who will give us anything that he has in mind for us and certainly will be very good. Thank you all. And about my avatar, this is a majestic creature. I had a clouse encounter(not the movie) with one last year, about 10 feet. Simply beautyful!!!

• tornapart
    tornapart

I'm leaning more and more towards a heavenly hope for all christians.. but to be honest I'd be happy anywhere as long as I don't have to be dead forever!

Love your avatar by the way. :) I've never seen a snowy owl, but have seen a bengal eagle owl in a tree outside my house! (escaped) it was awesome. :D

• clarity
    clarity

Wolf hi,

Well this will probably be another thread KILLER as usual but ......

you said after you read the bible ... you feel the call for christians is heaven.

What if you had never read a bible or heared any church stuff about god or heaven, but just grew up in a rural area living with a nice family on a farm,... would you be inclined to believe anything invisable? Anything else than what you were living?

Frankly I don't think I would have.

Could we have thought this stuff up without the FEAR, PUNISHMENT & GUILT factor?

Maybe thats why so many just want to be happy living this life on this earth!

my 2cents

c

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit