I Dream of Jeannie, Bewitched, Dark Shadows

by TOTH 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• talesin
    talesin

TOTH , yes Goddess forbid you might see Linda Blair upchucking some pea soup! lol!

bio -- so hypocritical, huh? I remember arguing with my dad about music -- R&R was full of SEX and disgusting, but one of their fav country songs by Conway Twitty was okay "I can tell you've never been this far before" ,, yup, no sexual content in that song.

smh

tal

• jworld
    jworld

as a kid I was allowed to watch Bewitched and I Dream of Jeannie.

My mom didn't like the Gaia character in the cartoon Capitain Planet though (haha I grew up in the 90's). I can't remember exactly why but I remember she didn't let me watch the show all the time.

• out4good3
    out4good3

I remember a JW telling me that they were allowed to watch I dream of Jeannie, but not bewitched...

That "witch" being in the title made it demunized, I guess.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Yeah... this topic has been discussed before.

When I was growing up, we were allowed to watch 'I Dream of Jeannie', but not 'Bewitched'. My ex-wife was allowed to watch Bewitched.

It was not only the series's though, it was also movies.

BUT!!! I remember that we were allowed to watch The Wizard of Oz. I guess that was because it either had a 'born date' prior to the 60's when my mom began to study with the JWs, or else it was because my mom considered it 'harmless'. Personally, I think that it was because it had Judy garland in it who my mom liked.

Later, my JW-wife would allow watching 'Ghost' with Patrick Swayze, but not allow other movies in the house.

It's all a scam of whatever they make up at the moment.

Regards,

Jim TX

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

Remember the JW stories going around that 'hands' would come out of the TV set and change the channel?

YOU: I don't understand it, dad. We were sitting here watching THE WALTONS when suddenly two
    hands came out of the TV and changed it to something called STAR TREK!
    DAD: C'mon, junior, that's not logical!
    YOU: I know...that's what he said!
    DAD: That's what who said?
    YOU: I don't know...we were watching THE WALTONS!
    DAD: Indeed! YOU: That's what he said!!
    DAD: That's what who said??
    YOU: I don't know...we were watching THE WALTONS!
    DAD: That's not logical!
    YOU: I know. That's what he said!
    DAD: That's what who said?

Continue until your father screams "Jehovah" repeatedly and leaves the room....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit